Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Twitter
    GalaxyForums

Siri who? Try Speaktoit for Android

We are already aware of some pretty cool stuffs ‘Siri’ can do on IPhone 4S. Ever wished to have a similar assistant on your Android Phone as well? Well, here you go; it’s called ‘Speaktoit Assistant’ and it might very well be called Siri’s alternative for Android. The app, still in its Beta version is available for free in Android Market and has some spectacular features wherein you can update your Facebook Status, Call, Play Music, Message and do a lot more. The app will soon be available for iOS, Windows Phone, Bada & Blackberry.

Speaktoit Assistant is a virtual buddy for your Android device that uses natural language technology to answer questions, find information, launch apps and connect you with various web services, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, and many others.

The Assistant works with your smartphone to get maps, search for news and images, look up weather reports, convert currency and measurements, send email, and much more.
    No need to memorize special commands or complex interfaces - simply speak or type in everyday language and the Assistant will understand and respond with what you need.

If you wanna give Speaktoit a try, grab it from the Android Market for free. Please let us know what you think of this promising app.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How you change the voice of the assistant??

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    DeVante504
    I've had the Speaktoit Assistant on my andriod phone for a few weeks now(haven't downloaded it on my Galaxy SII just yet). But of all the virtual assistants on android, this has the best voice recognition. It practically understands everything I've tried saying to it.
    But the downside is, it doesn't have a lot of features just yet. But it does do the basics, like giving directions and opening certain applications. At the present time I prefer Eva intern. It has all, if not more of the features and capabilities of Siri. The only downside to this app is, voice recognition isn't quite on par with Speaktoit Assistant.
    But both are definitely worth a look see.

Ads