Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Meeting Requests

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Thanks Muji. My appointments consist of me calling whomever a meeting is needed with and then putting it into my calendar as an event.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    That's certainly a lot easier. I work in a bureaucracy. *Nothing* is easy. LOL.

Tap'd from my GNex

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I laugh everytime I see a meeting discussion with Android involved. Not at the people that are seeking an Android solution, but instead at the corporations that use a closed system for something as simple as setting up a meeting.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    I work in a bureaucracy. *Nothing* is easy. LOL.

Tap'd from my GNex
    Amen to that!
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - ROM: AOKP Milestone 3 - Kernel: Trinity - Radios: FA02/FA02 - Recovery: CWM Touch
    Phone: Samsung Fascinate - ROM:[ICS] AOKP Test Port - Kernel: Glitch v14 - Radio: EH03 - not active
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive - DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 Modded Stock Rooted V1.4

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Mah brutha knows whereof I speak!

Tap'd from my GNex

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I laugh everytime I see a meeting discussion with Android involved. Not at the people that are seeking an Android solution, but instead at the corporations that use a closed system for something as simple as setting up a meeting.
    We have it working at our office. We use Mobile Iron for policy control on the devices and Touchdown as the mail client. Meeting requests work perfectly. Notifications of meeting acceptances/declines are sent properly to the organizer.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Fixed, Resolved! This configuration worked for me to be able to receive calendar (.ics) invites from Exchange or Outlook and accept them on my samsung galaxy S II (SGS2) SGH-1777 model (AT&T) using a gmail account or google apps account. The configuration has to do with your calendar configuration. 1) Login online to your gmail account, 2) Go to calendar 3) Go to the calendar settings 3) look for automatically accept invites into your calendar and select yes. This setting does not automatically accept and reply to the meeting organizer but simply allows the invite to show up on your calendar. 4) now save Now you will see the calendar invite on your phone in your calendar and have the option to accept or reject it. I have spent at least 16 hours trying to figure this solution out. I hope I save you some time and frustration making your calendar invites work.
    Ollie and Mujibar like this.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Glad you found a solution!

Tap'd from my GNex

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    That's awesome! Thank you for the solution. We need a "problem solved" subforum.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Why it's important

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    What is going to end up happening is that people are going to have to move away from Blackberrys because that company is going down fast. A couple of years from now and they will be out of the business.

I do not understand the need to accept a meeting invitation. I have never used it before. What exactly is the hang up?
    I get up to 15 meeting requests a day to my phone. Yes I would like to be able to deny or accept and have only the accepted ones appear in my calendar. As it is not only do I not get to deny or accept I can not even see the meeting details including date and time until AFTER they are put in my calendar.

It's very frustrating.

Ads