Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Google voice
    Barnacle Wifi Tether
    Setcpu
    Shootme
    Snesoid
    Advanced Task Killer
    No Lock
    No Led
    Beautiful Widgets (for that cute clock/weather widget)
    Sound On / Vibrate / Silent mode widget

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm... top 10:

• Astrid
    • Astro
    • ADW.Launcher
    • Beautiful Widgets
    • Barcode Scanner
    • Google Voice
    • NoLED
    • Mint.com Widget
    • Chrome-to-Phone
    • WallSwitch

Mmmm... DROID!
    Android enthusiast, and happy Fascinate owner.

Designer for InversePenguin.com

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    anyone use wavesecure?

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    I barely got my fassy yesterday do I don't have 10 just yet. However, I made sure I had these apps knowing how much I used them on my BB Tour:

Visual Voice Mail
    Kindle (so cool it's preloaded)
    Audible
    Movies
    App specific to my bank
    AP News
    Dropbox (didn't have option thru BB apps...this is excellent. Thanks Sele.)
    I have not failed--I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work. -Thomas Edison

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the second I got mine home I hooked it up and rooted it, I was still on the out of the box battery charge.

system app remover
    swapper for root
    root explorer
    live Hold'em (I got addicted)
    Wireless Tether
    TV.com
    Opera Mini
    Handcent
    Spare Parts
    YouTube Ripper

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    forgot HomePipe

I will just submit 11 because that one is good.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i used launcher pro on my droid 1 forever and i loved it... but why the fascinate, what does it bring over the fascinates launcher? just more buttons on the bottom?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm new to the smart phone family, so I only have a few.
    Lookout
    Talking Tom
    TV.Com
    Barcode Scanner
    Sniper Shot
    NFL Mobile
    Full Metel Jacket

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Pretty sure I installed all of these from the market, but I adb installed an I saved the .apk files to my computer for a few, but I don't remember which ones I downloaded from where because I went nuts and tried like 100 the first week.

1. WIRELESS TETHER
    Finally, high-speed internet without needing to have your phone attached to it. I had a Droid2 before this one (2 days after the Fascinate release, they took my D2 back as DOA since I could never send texts and always got all mine in a batch once a day instead of right when friends sent them).
    Battery still drains really fast if you forget about it and leave it on. The app developers said it's meant to consume the most minimal possible resources, but obviously, constantly transmitting a wireless signal needs a lot of power.
    Tip: Check "disable wake lock" in the options, if you leave it on, your phone will get really hot. My battery was burning up all the time (even when plugged in), and heat further shortens your battery life, so I don't do that anymore.

2. ALARM CLOCK PLUS
    Best. Alarm. Ever. Read comments about errors with other phones, but it works perfectly with Fascinate, doesn't get tripped up by our lock (I use the custom security lock, I'm sure it works fine with the puzzle or glass lock too), and seems like it was built for this phone.
    First of all, when it's running, if you just wake your phone with the power button (you don't even have to unlock), it will speak the time to you. So nice to just feel for my phone half-asleep and press a button instead of looking at a glaring screen. And it will speak the time with your alarms too.
    2.5 Download the GenieWidget (originally a NexusOne widge, it works on Fascinate too and is WAY better than Samsung's Daily Briefing widget), and Alarm Clock Plus speak the current weather along with the time!

3. DOLPHIN HD BROWSER
    A lot better than the stock browser. Has tabs like IE and lots of useful add-ons.

4. WHERE'S MY DROID
    Probably the best app for any android. If you lose your phone, even if it's on silent, you send it a custom text like "whereareyoudroid" (or any other message anyone is unlikely to ever send you) from the web or anyone else's phone, and it will start ringing at top volume for up to 5 minutes. Also has a gps feature if your gps is on, also activated by text.

5. MOVIES
    OH MY GOD, I LOVE THIS APP. I usually don't have high expectations for this type of app, but this was really amazing. You can see what's in theaters, read rottentomato.com reviews, watch the movie's trailers, see what's playing at the theaters closest to you, and you can even buy tickets way ahead right on the app! Unlike having to deal with which theaters are fandango and which are movietickets.com, you never have to deal with the web again!

6. WORDFEUD
    This isn't just great for the Fascinate, but any droid. It's comparable to iPhone's Scrabble. Although I've only seen it on the iPhone not played it, in terms of users, Wordfeud is probably just as good. Probably millions of players, you never have to wait longer than a minute for a player match, lots of great features like being able to message the other player within the app, etc.

7. SHAKE2MUTECALL
    With the power button being where it is compared to the Droid2 and X (theirs are on top) and the fact I never seem to be able to tell the top from the bottom with this phone yet, I always get a little discombobulated when I reach to silence my Fascinate when it's loudly interrupting me and I forgot to silence it. One time, I pulled a little too hard while trying to find the volume rocker, and it slipped out and fell on the floor. It was a carpeted fall, but still. Shake2Mute lets you just give a fast little shake to your phone to silence it (and then silences your phone for the next minute in case the person tries to call back immediately or sends a text). You don't have to touch anything on the phone, on the screen, it's great!

8. GOOGLE GOGGLES
    Haven't used it a whole lot yet, but it makes good use of the phone's great camera quality; haven't found anything yet that hasn't been able to be identified.

9. REDBOXER
    I refuse to rent from Blockbuster, and a bunch of our neighbors got letters about copyright violations for downloading movies, so if I use Netflix and Redbox now. I hate deciding to stop at a Redbox and all the copies of the movie I want are rented out. Redboxer lets you know beforehand so you don't have to try the next couple Walgreens, and you can even rent it right there (helpful on New Release Tuesdays!). It's the only paid app on this list, but TOTALLY worth it and made that $.99 back in saved trips to other Redboxes.

10. BUMP
    Exchange apps, files, pictures, anything on your phone (or get them) just by bumping phones.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSimatic View Post
    i used launcher pro on my droid 1 forever and i loved it... but why the fascinate, what does it bring over the fascinates launcher? just more buttons on the bottom?
    Personally, I don't know. I was super into customizing my phone when I first got it, I went through like 5 different programs, and while they were all impressive, I'd always end up uninstalling because the one that comes with the Fascinate was the fastest. Like, I haven't even hacked overclocking yet and I'm always so surprised at how fast my phone still runs compared to the Droid2 and my boyfriend's DroidX, even when I'm running tons of stuff. Personally, I have yet to find anything with features so amazing I'm willing to give up the functionality and processing speed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads