Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    1. Weather & Toggle
    - I use this to make my homescreen look just like the HTC Incredible, i love it.
    - Go to Widget Skin wizard in the Weather & Toggle setting
    - Than download the market skins (H7C Clock)
    - Than download and install Weather Icons (H7C Weather)
    - They work like a charm, just remember if it fails to install the skin or weather icon just reboot and it will install properly.

2. Facebook
    - Always use, still not up to par with the iPhone version but works, looking forward to updates

3. Twitter
    - Always use, works great

4. NYTimes
    - Read everyday when waiting for the train

5. BillsReminder
    - A must have for my wife and I when paying bills, it works just like BillsMinder on the iPhone/Touch

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Sorry johndroid for making a duplicate copy of your post. I didn't realize you had already posted a favorite "top 10" apps, before I posted my "top 5". doh!
    Great info here regardless. I like checking out what others are using on their phones.
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Still checking out apps, but this is what I have so far:

Facebook
    Twitter
    RoboDefense
    TVGuide
    DoubleTwist
    SiriusXM
    NoLED
    OpenSpark

I know there's more, I just have to find what I need!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi I am new to forum and Android. I don't have 10 apps that I love yet. I convert from a bb storm which died a few months ago and had terrible time with replacement units. However I do have a few. I am not rooted and don't plan to root. I am a tech support rep however, I also know I can drop and break things, So I cannot root because I don't want to pay full price for replacement hardware. With that in mind here is my list so far.

- Awesome Drop
    - Twitter
    - Dolphin HD browser
    - tether (beta) no wireless support yet but app was great on BB, hoping for hot spot support.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    I found it interesting reading the updates before downloading "Barcode Scanner" that one of the updates was "Turkish translation". It would make one assume that scanning barcodes in Turkey is quite a popular pastime!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Kinda wish everyone added a little comment after their top 10 apps. Now I have to search and review them myself. That's OK, it'll be fun.

Ummm...there were two threads on this topic so, I thought I'd post on this one.

Not in any sort of order...

(1) Flikie Wallpapers - A massive database of free wallpapers (3D, regular, etc). Totally killer.

(2)

(3) Angry Birds !!!

(4) Liverpool Fanatic - Download podcasts, see what the Reds on twitter are on about and get up-to-date news on LFC happenings

(5) Pageonce Travel - Neat app that brings all of your travel itinerary into one place. Registration required, but it's totally worth it (for me, anyways).

(6) Mobile Queue - Netflix app....I'm obsessed with movies....just can't wait for the ability to use Instant View. When will that app arrive??

(7) JuiceDefender - Make sure you are using your battery wisely. This app will help you do that. You setup your preferences and JuiceDefender will follow them. For example, JD will keep data disabled during certain periods of time or if your battery has less than 15% life, enable/disable WiFi so you always have it available during certain hours or if you leave your "known" WiFi proximity, etc, etc, etc .... I love this app!

(8) Soccer Scores - FotMob -- Keep tabs on a multitude of soccer leagues (England, MLS, Spain, etc)

(9) Ringtone Music and MP3 Music Download - Loads of music, very nice - I can't believe all of this is free.

(10) Nimbuzz - Multiple chat app - Facebook, Aim, MSN, yahoo....

There are a few "Chicago only" apps that I use to track buses, trains and get local info about events and stuff. One of the apps is called Go Chicago. Maybe they have an app for your city?? It's a fantastic app, and very useful.
    The Following User Says Thank You to soccerdon1981 For This Useful Post:
    Error414: No Useful Post Found

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So I've seen a lot of people put down Launcher Pro. I downloaded the free version and I guess i'm just wondering, what is so great about this? I mean I've played around a little with it but it doesn't seem like anything special. Do I need the real "purchased" version? and I noticed that when I try to click the contacts shortcut it says it could not launch the requested activity. I guess I'm just wondering if I am missing something or what people actually use this application for....
    Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nfrees114 View Post
    So I've seen a lot of people put down Launcher Pro. I downloaded the free version and I guess i'm just wondering, what is so great about this? I mean I've played around a little with it but it doesn't seem like anything special. Do I need the real "purchased" version? and I noticed that when I try to click the contacts shortcut it says it could not launch the requested activity. I guess I'm just wondering if I am missing something or what people actually use this application for....
    Thanks!
    I guess it is just a matter of preference. Personally I don't like the touchwiz app screen and that is the main reason that I use LP. The pro version adds LP widgets that are not available in the free version. They are as close as you can get to the HTC Sense widgets without buying an HTC device. There are some screen shots of some of mine in THIS thread.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had my Fascinate for a little under a month now. So far my must-have list includes the following:
    1) Dolphin Browser HD
    2) Flashlight
    3) Lookout Security
    4) NFL Mobile
    5) Carrot App
    6) Shop Savvy / Barcode Scanner (I use both)
    7) Kindle
    8) Pandora / TuneIn Radio (I use both)
    9) Ringdroid
    10) ESPN ScoreCenter / Bowl Bound

I'd add a bunch more, but this is a Top Ten list. I'll expunge when someone asks for a Top Twenty! ;-)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads