Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

TubeMate: A Danger?

I noted that in the some of the posts for the top ten apps TubeMate was ranked. I tried using this app and I very much enjoyed it. It is no longer available on google market, but you can download it. Would anyone recommend still getting this app off the market? Seems like it would be easy to get a virus this way.

Thanks for your comments and advice,
    ~syris...

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    You have to be very careful downloading apps from a third party. If you do, just make sure you're downloading from a reliable site/source. For example: quite a few games must be downloaded from the "EA Sports" site.... they're considered a reliable site.
    In regards to TubeMate.... you mentioned you "tried it but its no longer on the Market". Was there a reason you deleted it from your phone? Or do you still have it and were just asking a general question regarding third party apps?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Was tube mate paid or free. IMO if I wouldn't download anything outside the market. Your taking a big risk.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I still have it on my fascinate. It keeps telling me there's updates available, and sends me to the website, if I click update. It was and still is free.
    I think my question has been answered... I'm somewhat leery of keeping the version that was on the google market. Something must have caused the app to get kicked.

~syris...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Crap, I have this app too. Downloaded from the market two months ago....however, I just updated it about a week ago on the market, at least I believe I did. When was it dropped from the market??

Is there another you tube downloading app anyone would suggest?? I'm deleting this one. Sucks though because this one was excellent.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk
    The Following User Says Thank You to soccerdon1981 For This Useful Post:
    Error414: No Useful Post Found

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    346 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrisPuppet View Post
    I still have it on my fascinate. It keeps telling me there's updates available, and sends me to the website, if I click update. It was and still is free.
    I think my question has been answered... I'm somewhat leery of keeping the version that was on the google market. Something must have caused the app to get kicked.

~syris...
    Have you tried emailing the developer? Often times they respond right away. Worth a try....

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ugh, premature deletion on my part. Seems the dev pulls it from the market and then adds it again quite a bit. Kind of strange, but oh well. I'll wait until its on the market again...

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=866568

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate via Tapatalk
    The Following User Says Thank You to soccerdon1981 For This Useful Post:
    Error414: No Useful Post Found

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You can use Mp3Tomato to replace Tubemate. Mp3Tomato supports Mp3 download from Youtube for free. Home page: https://mp3tomato.com/
    Last edited by billmogan; 02-07-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads