Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: Need Help have a New Sprint Galaxy S2 Bricked and want to bring it back to stock os

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need Help have a New Sprint Galaxy S2 Bricked and want to bring it back to stock os

Phone is from Sprint new galaxy s2 just bought and im stuck Please help with any info to get it stock operating. Thanks in advance.When phone starts up now Phone is in system recovery screen displays the following: <3e>
    choices are 1. rebbot 2.apply update from sd card 3. wipe data factory reset 4.wipe cache partition (all menu in blue color) at the bottom of screen in yellow it says Successfuly copying media # Manual Mode#
    Applying Application successful and appling Multi-csc... sucsess applied.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Welcome to the forum! Someone should be along to help you shortly.

Tapatalk'd

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    You should try no.3 for the factory reset or download Odin and use this thread to get your stock firmware [ACS][Odin]Completely Stock EG30 - Restore your system - xda-developers . To get into download mode for Odin press and hold the Power button and Volume down button while starting up your phone.

It would seem easiest just to do the factory reset from your Recovery <e3> menu, but using Odin will open up doors to rooting which in turn will give you a better Recovery menu with CWM that allows you to make a complete system backup and have it stored on your phone. This will remove the need to be near a computer should you ever have to wipe and restore the phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I Finally got the thing to reboot with the sprint 4 g logo but it just keeps looping back into that sprint screen ??? but its a start. Prior it was beyoned stuck all I had was blue letters and any menu option i hit all I saw was android logo with a ! mark , but now i got my orange menu back , but i still need the os to follow the sprint theme start up logo and ill take it stock and worry about rooting at a later point . I read your thread sounds good but has any of your advice changed now that ive got this far?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like a killer thread I will try it thanks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsilver View Post
    Looks like a killer thread I will try it thanks.
    Just be careful over on the XDA Developers Forum. They are not real tolerant of questions from non-developers and get really nasty, *really* quick, so if you have any questions, ask them over here on this forum and Ollie or one of the other R/S guys will help you out in a pleasant way. Better than having your head ripped off over there.

-Mike
    Ollie likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsilver View Post
    I Finally got the thing to reboot with the sprint 4 g logo but it just keeps looping back into that sprint screen ??? but its a start. Prior it was beyoned stuck all I had was blue letters and any menu option i hit all I saw was android logo with a ! mark , but now i got my orange menu back , but i still need the os to follow the sprint theme start up logo and ill take it stock and worry about rooting at a later point . I read your thread sounds good but has any of your advice changed now that ive got this far?
    My advice remains the same. You can also do an emergency firmware recovery in Samsung Kies on your computer. It is under Tools, Emergency Firmware Recovery.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It sounds like u are stuck recovery. All u need to do is simply download any rom u want to try in zip file fornat. Then place the rom u downloaded on the root of ur sdcard and put ur device back into recovery,the blue letter screen,and wipe cache,dalvik cache,and i also wipe/format all when flashing a new rom or a rom that has a different build. After wiping cache,dalvik cache,and also wipe/format the device with recovery or use Calkulins Format All zip. Ater all that then simply choose install zip via sdcard with the rom u decided to use. I reccomend StrongSteves blue odexed rom,Calkulins rom,and the Maddoggin roms are also pretty nice. Just research a little more on flashing roms thru recovery. Its easy after u flash a few roms. Hope that helps and good luck. Ive found that as long as i can boot into recovery or samsungs download mode u can usually get the device up and running again. Really the biggest risk is flashing radios,modems incorrectly. That can truely brick a device. Again good luck

Remove Ads

Ads