Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Problems re entering Clock work Recovery......................

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Problems re entering Clock work Recovery......................

i was under the impression that i had successfully rooted my samsung galaxy fasinate S2 phone. was happy when everything went according to instructions that were in this post:

[HOW TO] Root Froyo or Gingerbread on Your Fascinate

i reading further and i was under the impression that my next step was to return back into CWR and do a back up. maybe also some wiping of cache and such, hadn't picked a rom yet but i figured i could do more research and get to that part. so my problem is that when i follow instructions on how to re enter CWR via this tut:

[HOW TO] Flash a Custom ROM

no matter how long i hold the buttons down, how many times i wait for the Samsung logo to flash, if i wait for the blue text and scroll down to apply sdcard:update.zip and hit the soft home key, all i keep getting is a pic of a small android and a triangle with an exclamation inside it.

the rooting went perfect and just like the tut said it would and i ended up with the superuser icon at the end. i want to go back in and do a backup with CWR but i can't seem to get there. any help for this noob would be awesome.

Hardware Ver: I500.04
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9
    Build #: SCH - I500.ED05
    Baseband: S:i500.04 V.ED05
    Firmware: 2.2.2

i ultimately would like to set this phone up so that i can use it for another carrier....problems with verizon, so would love to use this great phone but i need to work like it should (texting, video, youtube, pogo), so i'm kinda stuck and could use some assistance. i have to say with all the surfing i've been doing about android moments and specifically the fasinate phone, your site is by far the best!! thanks for everyones great work and time and patience and just all the great things i'm seeing on this site and thanks for allowing me to be a part of it. have a wonderful holiday everyone!! Happy New Year!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid that I can't be a lot of help to you with your installation problems because I'm not a technician. One observation though, about using the phone on another carrier: I don't believe you can use it on AT&T or T-Mobile (or in most of the world, for that matter) because your phone is a CDMA device and the only CDMA carriers in North America are Sprint and Verizon. See GSM Vs. CDMA for more on the differences between the two technologies.

That being said, we may be able to help you with the immediate issue of your boot loops, but it's going to take some time, since today is New Years Day, and I'm not sure what technicians are available to give you a hand. So hang on for awhile, and be patient.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i understand the delay with holidays but thanks very much with ur response. i'm confused about the carrier issue.....i had carriers tell me they can have the phone flashed to work on their network of sorts. i am currently using metro pcs, not the greatest but affordable. thought by rooting, i would be able to make all of the features work, regardless of the carrier that i flash to......

Member #
    Liked
    542 times

Re: Problems re entering Clock work Recovery......................

Well ... yes and no. Metro PCS uses CDMA technology, like Verizon & Sprint. AT&T and T-mobile use GSM technology. Devices on those sets of carriers are not interchangeable.

EDIT: Whoops! Missed UD's response.

Tap'd on my N7

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    well, that sounds promising, if i'm hearing u correctly. it was originally verizon, so it sounds like metro pcs is a possibility, if i understand right.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Here's another comparison of GSM & CDMA - CDMA vs GSM - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times

Another problem that was missed here is, the Galaxy S2 is not the Fascinate. The Fascinate is the S1, so you used the wrong guide. Hopefully that was just a typo and you actually have the S1?

tap'n
    Mujibar and UltraDroid like this.

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    well the phone itself has galaxy S on the back, i could have sworn that i saw where it was listed as a galaxy S2, guess i could be wrong..........is the SCH - i500 a galaxy S model?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Galaxy S - yes. Galaxy S2, no I'm afraid not. See this page - Support - Verizon Wireless Cell Phones SCH-I500 | Samsung Cell Phones

Member #
    Liked
    542 times

The SCH-I500 *is* the Fascinate, which is a Galaxy S phone. This site started out supporting the Fascinate, so the guide you used is the right one.

You can't use it with another CDMA provider without jumping through a lot of hoops. We had a member once who wanted to do that and it was very difficult.

~ GNexified ~
    UltraDroid and CR6 like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads