Do you need to return your phone to Verizon but don't need them to know that it was ever rooted? Have you flashed mods to your phone so many times that "something's just not right" and you simply want to start over? This guide will help you easily return to stock EH03 Gingerbread.
NOTE 1: You do NOT need to be rooted in order to return your phone to stock (but you probably wouldn't be doing this if you weren't rooted).
NOTE 2: Make sure that you have the Samsung drivers already loaded on your computer. You can download them from HERE if you need them.
NOTE 3: This process will return your phone to an unrooted, fully bloated, completely stock out-of-the-box Samsung TouchWiz EH03 (Gingerbread) build. When finished, you will have the stock ROM, kernel, modem, system files, as well as stock recovery. All user data will be erased.
Download Odin from HERE if you don't already have it.
Download the stock EH03 (Gingerbread) package from HERE (place this file somewhere on your computer where you can easily locate it).
Download the Atlas v2.2 PIT file from HERE (place this file somewhere on your computer where you can easily locate it).
1. Open Odin on your PC. Put your phone into download mode. (Refer to this guide for instructions on how to use Odin.)
2. Click the PDA button in Odin (NOT the PHONE button) and navigate to the "CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5" file you downloaded earlier.
3. Click the PIT button in Odin and navigate to the "atlas_v2.2.pit" file you downloaded earlier. Make sure that the "Re-Partition" box in Odin is checked.
4. Click START. When this process has finished, you'll be notified in Odin (succeeded 1 / failed 0) and your phone's screen will go blank.
5. Unplug your phone and re-insert the battery. Power the phone on and let it boot completely.
At this point, your phone will be running stock EH03 (Gingerbread). You can now safely return your phone to Verizon ... or you can root it & flash a custom ROM. Use this RS guide to flash ClockworkMod recovery & root your phone. Check the Fascinate ROMs section of this forum for dedicated threads on various custom ROMs.