Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Menu option keeps popping up and I'm not touching keys since DL09 update 2 days ago.

Hi All,
    First I want to thank the Rescue Squad for having a section for help. I explained my issue to Mujibar and he directed me this way. I updated my phone initally OTA for DL09. Bluetooth didn't work after that and a bunch of force closes. After that fiasco, I went back to DI01 unrooted the whole bit. I mirrored DL09 debloated and went back to rooted. Now the menu button keeps coming up and my phone is vibrating on it's on. I powered down and powered back on and it booted into safe mode. It was doing the same thing vibrating and the menue button coming up. I powered down and took my battery out and it did the whole thing again. I don't know what to do. I haven't downloaded anything since doing this the day before. Oh and apps close by themselves and when I try to open them they open and close out real quick. HELP HELP HELP HELP.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh my phone specks are DLO9 DEOdexed, rooted, non voodoo kernal........

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't know which kernel you are running but I would try to install this kernel. It is one of Adrynalin's newer standard voltage kernels. It is not the latest one that was just posted today, because I have not tried it out. But I have been running the low voltage version of the one linked for several days without any issues.

This might not fix your issue but will be a good place to start diagnosing. Flash it through clockwork and let us know the results.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would try a different kernel like Sele suggested, but if it keeps happening after that this sounds like your capacitive buttons are malfunctioning.

This is a fairly common problem for the Fascinate. The reason apps close when you open them is because the "back" button keeps detecting a touch. My phone does this, has since the first week I had it, stock and all. Mine isn't nearly as bad as some others have it, but it can be a nuisance. When it happens to me, I lock the phone and wipe down the capacitive buttons. Doesn't usually happen to me more than once a week.

If it's bad for you and a new kernel doesn't fix it, I would return to stock and get Verizon to replace it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry for the double post, the AOSP ROM's browser tends to do that on this forum.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too had this problem when I flashed the DL09 kernel, although that was when I used the Stupid Fast one. It never did that prior to the DL09, I have just tried the one Sele posted. So far so good, but I will give it a few days then report back.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sele View Post
    I don't know which kernel you are running but I would try to install this kernel. It is one of Adrynalin's newer standard voltage kernels. It is not the latest one that was just posted today, because I have not tried it out. But I have been running the low voltage version of the one linked for several days without any issues.

This might not fix your issue but will be a good place to start diagnosing. Flash it through clockwork and let us know the results.
    This is interesting as I've never had this problem, but have just recently read about a few Fascinate users that have. I'm wondering if anyone that does have this problem is using a full screen protector or their screen is bare nekkid like mine.... (or has it only been happening with rooted phones mostly?)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I haven't heard of this happening a lot, but when you are rooted and you are having issues with hardware not working correctly one of the first things to check is the kernel. When you get a mismatched kernel your device can do some really wonky things. So when trying to diagnose a problem, step 1 is always a reboot, step 2 is usually try a new kernel.

Ads