Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How great does it feel to start the week off with a Victory Monday thanks

For the first time all season it seemed like the Buccaneers knew what they were doing in all phases of the game. A weak 49ers team came to Tampa Bay and the Bucs handled business. This game went so well that first round pick Vita Vea even had a couple highlight plays of his own. Let’s dive into the different phases of the team and give some reactions. Tampa Bay’s offense was calm and collected in a rare zero turnover effort. On Sunday afternoon Kwon Alexander Jersey , even if only for a day, Jameis Winston looked like the quarterback that Jason Licht envisioned leading this team for the long haul. Winston took care of the football, delivered a pair of touchdown’s in the air and did so all while keeping the ball with the offense. A zero turnover day is a rarity in Tampa regardless of which quarterback has been at the helm. Winston finished completing 29 of 38 pass attempts for 312 yards to go with his two touchdowns. Jameis was in full control in this one, hitting his check downs, climbing the pocket and taking off when need be. Jameis netted himself 24 yards on 7 carries in the ballgame. There was even some patented Jameis Winston school yard play in this one as seen in this clip of Jameis scrambling about to find Adam Humphries. The ground game was rather ineffective outside of a pair of long runs by Jacquizz Rodgers and Peyton Barber. The two combined for 78 yards on 23 carries including a touchdown run by Barber. Rodgers saw quite a bit of snaps in this ball game while rookie Ronald Jones was a healthy scratch. Barber only edged Rodgers in this game by 2 snaps. The receiving core had themselves a solid day as a group with 8 players in total catching passes in this ballgame. 6 different players caught at least 3 passes with Mike Evans and Adam Humphries leading the way with 6 catches each. Evans crossed the century mark in this ball game as well as the 1K mark on the season becoming the 3rd in history to do so in each of their first 5 seasons. Noteworthy in this one is some post game saltiness via DeSean Jackson’s instragram post shown below. Discontent is nothing new surrounding Jackson as many know. After a good team win to display this type of behavior is a bit disappointing but then again, that’s who Jackson is. The offensive line got bullied early on in this game and with Demar Dotson leaving early and Alex Cappa being thrusted into the game for his first ever action next to Webster who filled in for Dotson, growing pains were to be expected. As the game went on, both players picked up their play a bit but this will without a doubt be something to keep an eye on down the stretch should either be asked to play a more prominent role on the line. The defense came through led by Jason Pierre-Paul and Vita Vea. For one afternoon, Vita Vea showed the fan base and coaches why he was a top selection. Vea flew into the backfield on several occassions and notched his first career sack. Jason Pierre-Paul recorded a sack to make him the first Buccaneer since Simeon Rice to record double digit sacks in a season and Gerald McCoy and Carl Nassib each added a sack of their own in this one. The pressure was real and for once, the defensive line delivered for an entire game. Below you can see Vea wrecking his way into the quarterback. Devante Bond played much better this week at linebacker and the group as a whole looked more comfortable in this one. The talent gap they are making up for is serious and one can hardly expect either Bond or Taylor to be Lavonte David or Kwon Alexander Cheap Jameis Winston Jersey , but the group had a much better showing in this one. The defensive back field, specifically the safeties, had themselves a game. Jordan Whitehead and Isaiah Johnson combined for 17 tackles while Johnson added an interception to that. Ryan Smith came up with an interception in this game as well ended a horrific drought from this defense that saw game after game go by with zero turnovers. Cairo Santos continued to looked like a legit NFL kicker. Bryan Anger had a solid game punting for the Buccaneers sending 2 of his 5 punts inside the opponents 20. The real story in this one however is Cairo Santos making both of his field goal attempts and sending all 3 extra points through the uprights. Tampa Bay has not had this consistent of a kicker in what feels like ages and for once, fans can breathe a bit when the team lines up for the extra point. Final Reactions. This was the team many expected to see perform when Jameis Winston made his initial return from suspension. Winston looked like a quarterback you could not only rely on, but one you want to have the ball in his hands. The front four on defense got after the quarterback throughout the game and it was key additions like Vea, Pierre-Paul and Nassib doing a lot of the work alongside mainstay Gerald McCoy. There were too many weapons on offense for the San Francisco 49ers to cover properly and the ball was spread around. The result says it all, 27-9 victory for your Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Buccaneers welcome Carolina to the Bay next week and the team picked may have picked a good time to turn things around. TAMPA, Fla. (AP) 鈥?Jameis Winston or Ryan Fitzpatrick.It doesn't seem to matter who's playing quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Turnovers and a leaky defense are hindering the team's chances of being successful.The Bucs (3-7) have dropped seven of eight games following a 2-0 start, vacillating back and forth between Winston and Fitzpatrick, who've played well enough at times that Tampa Bay leads the NFL in passing yards and total offense.The quarterbacks have also been turnover-prone Ryan Fitzpatrick Jersey , with their mistakes compounded by a porous defense that not only has yielded a league-high 329 points but hasn't forced a turnover in the past seven games.Coach Dirk Koetter, who has not announced who'll start this week against the San Francisco 49ers, conceded Monday that the team's turnover differential of minus-23 through 10 games is a mind-boggling statistic."It's boggling on both ends. That we have that few takeaways and that many giveaways. It's a ridiculous number to have the disparity be that much," Koetter said Monday."What's even crazier is we play a team coming up this week that has one fewer takeaway than we do," the coach added. "It seems impossible. But it is a fact (although) they don't have as many turnovers as we do."Koetter changed quarterbacks for the third time this season, benching Fitzpatrick during Sunday's 38-35 loss to the New York Giants.Winston, benched last month after throwing four interceptions in a loss at Cincinnati, entered the game after Fitzpatrick was picked off three times in falling behind 24-7 and led touchdown drives on four consecutive possessions.Koetter said Monday he'd made a decision on which quarterback will start Sunday's home game against San Francisco, but he did not want to announce it because he had not yet talked to Winston and Fitzpatrick individually."Even though I know what we're going to do, I'm not going to be able to say it today because I would never tell the media before I told the quarterbacks themselves Cheap Carlton Davis Jersey ," Koetter said.The 35-year-old Fitzpatrick began the season as the starter while Winston, the No. 1 overall pick from the 2015 draft, was serving a three-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy.Since topping 400 yards passing in back-to-back wins over New Orleans and Philadelphia, Fitzpatrick has lost five consecutive starts. Winston is 1-2 as a starter this season and also has played twice in relief of Fitzpatrick.The common denominator in the team's seven losses is the team has fallen behind early and been unable to escape double-digit deficits. In wins over the Saints, Eagles and Cleveland Browns, the Bucs led most of the way before holding on at the end."Almost every game we get some beautiful, beautiful play at quarterback. Some tremendous throws, good decision-making, some beautiful adjustments," Koetter said. "But at other times we have some bad decision-making that result in turnovers. That's hurting our team."Although the coach did not confirm whether Winston performed well enough against the Giants to reclaim the starting job Cheap Chris Godwin Jersey , Koetter acknowledged the fourth-year pro "played better" and "for the most part made good decisions with the football.""Our quarterback play in general has been spectacular at times and not good enough at times," the coach said. "That's just the story of where we're at on offense right now."Fitzpatrick said after Sunday's game that he was proud of the way Winston led the team back against the Giants."It's not easy to not have any preparation and be working with the scout team and get thrown in there during the middle of the game," Fitzpatrick said.Winston, meanwhile, would not speculate on who might start against the 49ers."I'm worried about finding a way to win our last six games. … I don't have that much control over that, but my play can speak for me," Winston said. "That's the only thing I can control, and I'm going to do my best … if I get the opportunity."

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads