Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tashaun Gipson remembers his first game against Tom Brady five years

They had similar endings.Brady threw two touchdown passes in the final 61 seconds to stun Gipson and the Cleveland Browns in 2013. The three-time league MVP tossed two scores in the final 9 minutes to defeat Gipson and the Jacksonville Jaguars in the AFC championship game in January."There's just nothing you can do when you're playing a guy like that Black Josh Lambo Jerseys ," said Gipson, a free safety.The Jaguars understand that as well as anybody. They are the only AFC team that has never beaten the New England Patriots with Brady under center. Their 0-8 record includes a few tight games, several lopsided losses and, most recently, a come-from-behind gut punch that kept Jacksonville from the Super Bowl. Now, the Jags believe they are overdue for a victory against one of the NFL's greatest quarterbacks.Their next opportunity comes Sunday against the Patriots (1-0), a rematch of the conference title game. And there's no doubt the Jaguars (1-0) have had it circled on the calendar for some time."Jacksonville has never beaten him?" Gipson said.Nope. Winless in eight tries."So, 1 of 9," he said, predicting a victory. "I like it."Jacksonville has stewed since its last loss to New England, lamenting missed opportunities to put the Patriots away and what they insist was a bad call on linebacker Myles Jack's forced fumble and recovery."I'd be lying if I didn't say I've been thinking about last year's results," Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said. "We definitely want to win against them here.""We can use that (loss) as motivation, but we can't get that back. It's a new year. That's how it is every year. Whatever happened in the past, you forget about it. Those that hold onto it, they stay complacent or they get ahead of themselves because they're comparing to what happened last year. We can't do that."Still, there have plenty of reminders this week.Coach Doug Marrone has played Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" during practice; the song is a staple at Patriots home games. The Jaguars also have the Super Bowl playing repeatedly in the locker room.Although players understand it's Week 2 and there's little at stake, they also know what knocking off the defending AFC champs could do for a young team moving forward."It would definitely show that we've grown and we've gotten that little monkey off our back," Jaguars defensive tackle Malik Jackson said. "I think the outside world would really see us graduating to that next stage. But we've still got 14 games to play. This isn't an end-all, be-all Josh Lambo Jerseys 2019 , but it is a meaningful game."For the Pats, it doesn't seem to mean quite as much."It's going to be an emotional environment," Brady said. "I think everyone, whenever you play some of the best teams, you want to see where you're measured up to, and that defense has been ranked very high all last year, and I could see why. ... They've got a lot of very talented players, some of the guys that are probably the best at their position."It should be a really great game for us to go out and see what we're made of."Here are some other things to know about the Patriots and Jaguars:FOURNETTE SITS?Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette expects to be a "game-time decision" because of a strained right hamstring. Fournette missed practice Wednesday and Thursday because of the injury sustained in the opener.SPECIAL TEAMS FOCUSThe Patriots, usually stout on special teams, struggled in the opener. They allowed 156 yards on kickoffs, a number way higher than special teams coach Joe Judge wants to see."This time of year, a lot of times it's working different combinations of players and getting guys in the right position to make plays next to one another," Judge said.BALL SECURITYPatriots tight end Rob Gronkowski said there would be an extra emphasis on ball security in preparation for the Jaguars, who have scored an NFL-high nine defensive touchdowns since the start of last season.The Patriots had three fumbles (two lost) in their opener, and Gronkowski was responsible for one of them."I think they get a turnover one out of every five possessions they average. That statistic right there is unbelievable," Gronkowski said. "It just shows how good of a defense they are, and you can't just go out there and just jog around. ... When you have the ball, you've got to protect it and get up the field." JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars sacked offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett and quarterback Blake Bortles one day after the team’s seventh consecutive loss.Coach Doug Marrone fired Hackett and benched Bortles on Monday Black Marqise Lee Jerseys , making sweeping changes to one of the league’s worst offenses.“I felt I needed to make a change to get us an opportunity to win some games,” Marrone said. “It’s not a knee-jerk reaction. I really feel like at the end of the day we’ve got to try to get better production out of our passing game or more consistent production in our passing game.”Marrone promoted quarterbacks coach Scott Milanovich to play-caller and backup quarterback Cody Kessler.Milanovich spent five seasons (2012-16) as head coach for the Canadian Football League’s Toronto Argonauts before landing in Jacksonville last year. Kessler lost all eight starts for Cleveland in 2016.Marrone expects Milanovich and Kessler to energize a lackluster offense when the Jaguars (3-8) host Indianapolis (6-5) on Sunday.“Hopefully he can stay healthy and win some games for us,” Marrone said. “My plan is for him to go in there and play.”Staying healthy could be a challenge for Kessler considering Jacksonville will be without three starting offensive linemen, including left guard Andrew Norwell (ankle) who was placed on injured reserve Monday. Norwell joins center Brandon Linder and left tackle Cam Robinson on IR.The Jags also could be without running back Leonard Fournette, who was suspended one game without pay for leaving the sideline, running across the field and throwing punches at Buffalo Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson .Fournette has three days to appeal.NFL Vice President of Football Operations Jon Runyan sent Fournette a letter detailing his wrongdoing, saying “sportsmanship is the cornerstone of the game and the League will not tolerate game-related misconduct that conveys a lack of respect for the game itself and those involved in it.”“Video of the incident shows that you were not a participant in the play and that you ran from your sideline to the opposite side of the field to insert yourself as an active participant in a fight,” Runyan added. “Once you entered the fight area, you struck a member of the opposing team. Your actions adversely reflected on the NFL and have no place in the game.”It would be the seventh game Fournette has missed this season and 10th in two years.Marrone refused to use Fournette’s absences or anything else as an excuse for the team’s offensive struggles.Bortles didn’t throw for 150 yards in four of the last six games. He had 104 yards through the air against Pittsburgh two weeks ago and 127 yards against the Bills. Marrone benched Bortles twice in two years, only to give him the job back both times.Now, though, it seems Bortles could be done in Jacksonville.Finances might be the only reason he sticks around. The fifth-year starter signed a three-year, $54 million contract in February and is due to count $21 million against the salary cap in 2019. Cutting him would cost Jacksonville $16.5 million against the cap.But it’s clear Marrone has lost faith in Bortles, who regressed this season.Marrone felt Hackett should have done more, too. Marrone and Hackett had been together for nine years, including stops at Syracuse (2010-12), with the Bills (2013-14) and in Jacksonville (2015-18).Hackett ended up being the first scapegoat in Jacksonville’s ultra-disappointing season. He failed to get Bortles and the offense to play anywhere close to the level they did early in the season or in 2017. Injuries have been the biggest issue, but not enough to save Hackett’s job.“Obviously, you feel terrible Marqise Lee Jerseys 2019 , especially as an offensive player,” center Tyler Shatley said. “I feel like a lot of that’s on us. He had great game plans and stuff; we just have to execute better.”The Jaguars rank 22nd in the NFL in total offense, averaging 346.5 yards a game, but have been on a steady decline the last two months. They rank 29th in points, averaging a paltry 17.9 a game.Bortles’ lack of production has been the primary problem. He has 13 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions this season, incapable of putting the offense on his shoulders when things go wrong around him.He also has been hamstrung, most notably by a lack of playmakers and numerous injuries. Jacksonville is without three left tackles, two tight ends, the team’s leading receiver from 2017, the team’s starting center and played six games without Fournette.“It sucks that somebody had to get let go,” defensive tackle Malik Jackson said. “I thought he was doing a wonderful job. But it’s the nature of the business. We need to start winning or we all need to look in the mirror about who can let go. It sucks.”Marrone could have made other changes. The defense looks little like it did in 2017, prompting some to question coordinator Todd Wash’s future, and special teams have been a non-factor all year.But Marrone opted to address the offense.“Any time you’re losing, it’s not just on one person,” Marrone said. “It’s on everyone, and obviously when I say that I understand and take responsibility for that. It starts with me as the head coach. … Obviously none of us are doing a good enough job right now. We have an opportunity to play five games and get back on track and break this losing streak.”

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads