Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QiG

Thread: Samsung Epic 4G Touch (SGS2) Available Now in the U.S.!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Samsung Epic 4G Touch (SGS2) Available Now in the U.S.!

The wait for the most popular Android phone on the planet to come to the States is now over! The Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy SII phone, the Epic 4G Touch is available now on Sprint's site, their physical stores, and several other online retailers.

The price for the phone from Sprint is $200 dollars on a new or renewed individual contract, but you can pick it up at third party online retailers for a bit cheaper. For example, Wirefly has it for only $150 on a new or renewed individual contract. Here's a quick refresh of the specs on this beast, just to whet your appetite:
    • 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display
    • 1.2GHz Samsung Exynos dual-core processor
    • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
    • 8-megapixel rear-facing camera that also does 1080P HD videos
    • Only 0.38 inches thick

Sound off in the forums if you plan on getting this device, and, when you do get it, share what your initial impressions are!

(Mujibar technically had this story first, but we wanted to add some linkage to the Wirefly deal and also add a link to our SprintDroids site. As always Mujibar, thank you! You are the best!)

Source: SprintDroids via Sprint and Wirefly
    Last edited by dgstorm; 09-16-2011 at 12:21 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    aardvark502
    I think that gs2 is just to late to the party in the us with the prIm supposedly coming to all carriers and the next gen proccessers on there way... Just my opinion though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    I Don't Always Wipe Data
    But When I Do
    I Never have Problems

I'm a Tank

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    I agree Aard. I'm also glad to see they didn't go with the big physical button in the middle like the European models. It looked too much like the iPhone imo.

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

QiG
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Got mine first thing this morning. Pretty happy with it overall.. Goes without saying that its light years faster than the verizon droid(1) though I'll miss the metal build of that thing... Always felt really solid whereas this thing its extremely thin and light. I'll post more when I've had time to get deep with it but no major flaws stand out.
    wicked likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    Nice! Glad you like it.

QiG
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well I'm having my first issue... Only sprint people have contacted me since switching from Verizon to get this phone. Sounds like a common Sprint complaint though and may not be hardware related

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    So only people on the Sprint network can call you?

QiG
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    No, its only texting I'm having issues with. I stopped at the sprint store and the guy I talked to seemed to really knowhat he was taking about and let me know to give it a few more days because sometimes the porting needs time to complete. So maybe there were some missed social opportunities but I'm still loving the phone itself so far and have no regrets leaving Verizon for it.The 4G is quicker than I thought it would be. Coming from a rooted and ROMed android, I don't mind the stock UI, though I wish there were some privacy options with the stock messager since the popular alternatives have turned into really bloated apps (hancent/Go).No comment on battery life yet since I've really been putting out through the ringer all day Sat with uploading 100+ vacation pictures top Facebook.

Still getting used to swype too obviously ;-)

QiG
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Update for anyone cares: The texting issue is still unresolved. I stopped at Sprint again and they said other people have had this issue because Verizon has not finalized their service yet. I get home and call Verizon and the csr informs me that it might be a few weeks until the billing cycle ends before this is cleared up. They also suggest that I power down the phone I was using with Verizon (a if the battery was lasting more than 5 hours without a charge).Next stop is a Verizon store to see if they can expedite the closing process of my account with them.

Remove Ads

Ads