Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

"Tired of complaining about the Pre-Loaded Apps? See how to take action today!!"

Like other android users you guys have preloaded apps as well. Though you can root to remove them you should not have to being that the iphone out of the box will be free of pre-loaded apps.

We over on droid forums who are tired of blur and preloaded apps have been hammering motorola for the past couple of weeks. Now we are shifting our attention to verizon wireless. See verizon makes the calls on the preloaded apps and I think it is messed up that they are allowing apple to go with out bloat but are loading down our android devices. I just finished talking to a vzw tech rep assigned to android and she disclosed "you preaching to the choir" that they are tired of it as well. She said she will bring it up in a meeting but it will get swept under the rug because not enough people are complaining. I think we cand handle the "complaining" part. She suggested emailing and so I am suggesting all android users who are tired of bloat to make sure verizon here you. Motorola users, like myself, are also fighting the fight against blur but we all are fighting the fight against preloaded apps. Because you should not have to root to remove trial apps.

The email address:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp

Thanks

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Excellente'! I think if more people complained to the manufacturer's & carriers instead of complaining online, we'd get a lot more accomplised.
    Thanks again for the link!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    copy of my email to vzw:

As a customer we are displeased with the fact you are pre-loading our android devices with apps we can not delete. We understand that this is a business and you are trying to make money but we have an issue with having trial apps like blockbuster, need for speed, city id, and other apps installed in our system folder where we can not delete them. Those apps are taking up space and if we do not want to use them or the trail has expired they are now taking up space. Please either stop the practice of preloading our device with useless trial apps or allow us to be able to remove them. The practice of preloading our device is taking up our system space. We as customers pay high dollar for our device and service plans, being verizon has the highest rate plans compared to their competitors I do not think we are asking to much to be allowed to delete preloaded apps off of our device. We know the manufacturer put the software on the phones but you guys actually tell them what software and apps you want installed.

Thank You,

From a concerned customer.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Not sure what happened to the "edit" button but it's missing, so I couldn't update my comment.

Anyways, thought I'd post a mailing address as well. Often times emails don't always get forwarded to management, but snail mail does. So if anyone would like to send an actual letter, here's the address.

Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service Department
    Post Office Box 96082
    Bellevue, WA 98009-9682

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So we wait and see the outcome!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If enough people email vzw, they will notice their servers crashing. ...but a lot of droids users have to get involved!

I guess a letter wouldn't hurt either.

My email has been sent!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    The Following User Says Thank You to soccerdon1981 For This Useful Post:
    Error414: No Useful Post Found

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Not sure what happened to the "edit" button but it's missing, so I couldn't update my comment.
    We don't have edit priveleges in this forum area for some reason...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, I know 3rd post in a row...can't edit though.

Can someone link this 'discussion' over on the droid forum? I've searched and cannot find anything about the iPhone not receiving bloatware...or am I blind? I already sent off my email to VZW, and I should have read more before doing so. Just want to make sure I'm not going to look like a donkey if they reply back.

Last post, I swear.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    The Verizon iPhone does not come with any pre-loaded bloat from Verizon, nor does Verizon put their "branding" on the phone itself. Guess that was part of the deal they made with Apple by allowing them to sell their phone.
    Oh well, while it's annoying there are really more important things to worry about than a few unwanted apps imo.
    (I've sent both an email & snail mail, we'll see what good it does on upcoming models)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads