Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Emails auto-deleting from Galaxy Note 10.2

Hi,

My mother in law has just bought a Galaxy Note 10.2 and sees me as her IT expert, which i certainly am not as i use the Ipad.

We have set up her email account, not Gmail, on her galaxy note and it works fine.

When she turns on her PC and opens Outlook her emails obviously download to her PC also. However, for some reason the emails on her Galaxy note delete from her Inbox.

How do i stop this happening. Ideally the emails need to download onto her PC but a copy needs to stay on her Galaxy Note until she manually deletes the email.

Can anyone help please.

With kind regards

Lumpimeister.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been researching this problem as well. For a client of mine. A Real Estate broker. I've found that the email app on the Galaxy Note acts like an IMAP even if you configure a POP account.

The prevailing "solutions" seem to be "blame it on the settings of other devices checking the email account" and "change the way your other devices handle mail." Which is not an acceptable solution at all. The Galaxy email app should not behave like IMAP for POP accounts. Period.

Many people want to control their email. They want to control which messages they have available on each device. People handle different kinds of business from their phone, than they do their computer. They may have both a personal email account, and a business email account set up on the same phone. They may have two or three computers checking one or more of these accounts. They may want one email account synced identically on all machines, and another account that they can rely on having autonomous access to their mail server, where messages are downloaded, and not affected by the operation of any other devices.

Currently, The Galaxy Note "email" app does not serve these people. It seems to be a product stuck "inside the box". The "work around" is for other devices to be set to "accommodate" "The Note" or as some call it.... "The Not"

Remove Ads

Ads