Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

SGH i717 "encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again"

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    When it fails, try flashing it again right away. Make sure Kies is not running in the background of your PC and redownload your firmware again from sammobile dot com.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi ,
    i m new here ,
    i m facing same error as of RichM ,At&T SGH-i717 , SW:4.0.3
    Odin3 dedects my mobile in subjected error mode , can u plz guide me more , which options should be checked in Odin(Flash Lock, ......) so that i save my mobile from further demage, thanks

earlier i was following the instructions from m/b website to update from 4.0.3 to JB-4.1.1 :
    How to install Liquid Jelly Bean ROM for the Galaxy Note I717
    where "TWRP Recovery" file was unable to download,
    Last edited by nadeem; 09-16-2012 at 03:32 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
    Hi everyone!

I tried to download the new ICS firmware yesterday using Kies...something happened in between the download process and then this happened "firmware upgrade encountered an issue....": Attachment 3300

I can't get out of that screen, when i press volume down and power it goes straight back to this screen. Kies will not recognize my device. I've tried to troubleshoot connections. I've tried a different computer. I tried emergency recovery but the number is invalid. I might have wrote it down wrong. Can someone help. My carrier is with Rogers, SGH-I727R.

Thanks!!!!
    Hello!

Download this firmware and unzip it once with 7zip. Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I727RUXKJ7_I727RRWCKJ7_RWC.zip

Then follow these instructions:

Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again - Page 2

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi I'm having the same issue with the same model phone.

Followed the instructions in the post above and get the following error message in Odin.

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I727RUXKJ7_I727RRWCKJ7_I727RUXKJ7_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Any help please and thanks for all the info.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having the same issue. My phone is Samsung galaxy s II i1900g . My phone is not goining in to download mode. Only one scaring message displayed "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue.Please select recovery mode and try again". Samsung Kies is not bale to detect my phone.
    Please help me.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Also having trouble - SGS2, International version.

Hi,

I was trying to update my GT-I9100 through Kies in an internet cafe (I know) and it failed - wants me to try recovery mode in Kies, but Kies doesn't recognise it.

I would ideally like to update my phone using Odin following the instructions at the beginning of the thread - would you be able to point me to a 4.0.4 firmware, english, un-carrier-modified that might suit my purposes? I'm just hoping I haven't completely ruined the phone. It has been a bit of a stressful afternoon/evening.

I'm off to Bangkok tomorrow, but will have internet access there! I'm from New Zealand, if any of this information is useful, but travelling widely at the moment.

Please respond, or email me any information, to joshfiveyear plan at gmail

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all,

I have also a similar Problem with updating my phone. I had a working phone and tried to update it with ODIN as usual. But, this time ODIN freezes during update process at the point:
    <ID:0/004> cache.img

After ca. 20min I removed the USB-cable and the battery and tried to reboot. Then I got the so often mentioned "use kies to recovery screen" <Damn I hate this screen!

I am using the stock cable and tried different USB-Ports and different firmwares (always stock firmwares from sammobil - also a firmware which has already worked on my phone>same file)

Odin always freezes at the same point(see image).

Do you have any Idea how to fix this problem?

TIA
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Maltman; 10-04-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey,

I'm having a similar issue, but with my regular old Galaxy S. Firmware installation mucked up and kies doesn't allow me to perform an emergency firmware fix. The model is the GT-I9000T. My Carrier is Telstra. I am able to enter download mode, and Odin recognizes my phone, I was just wondering how to proceed from here (which version of ICS/GB or whatever I need should I be downloading?).

Cheers for any help!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Nevermind, figured it out myself......

To fix it, just followed this ([Download] XXJVU Galaxy S Firmware Leaked. Updates Phone with Value Pack (Face Unlock, Photo Editor and New Lock Screen)) tutorial. Had the firmware I needed. Easy stuff! Didn't even wipe my photos or videos.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got the same problem as the topicstarter. I can get it to download mode, but i don't know what to do from there on. I was using [ROM+Guide] Official i9100 Firmwares LPE/Q/7/2/F/S/4/7/G/9/W/D/F Download - xda-developers this guide to get back to the stock rom. I used it one time before and then it worked just fine. Now my odin said fail so i tried again. It still said fail so I unplugged the phone.
    Last edited by nextwouter; 10-09-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

bricked

Would this still work if i unzip the contents onto my desktop?

By continuing with this tutorial you assume any and all risks of modifying your phone.
    • Download the above firmware package and unzip it to a place you can easily find it on your PC.
    • Ensure nothing Samsung Kies related is running in the background of your PC. (Check the Task Manager!)
    • Do not have your phone plugged into your PC via USB.
    1. On your PC, right-click the Odin 1.85.exe and select Run As Administrator.
    2. Completely power off your phone.
    3. While holding the Volume Down button, press and hold the Power Button and the Home button as well until the phone reboots to your Download Screen.
    4. A screen will appear asking you to confirm your decision to enter Download Mode. Press Volume Up to confirm. (If you change your mind, press and hold just the Power Button and the phone will exit Download Mode and reboot normally.)
    5. Plug your phone into your computer with the factory supplied USB cable. It may try to install some drivers. If it does let it finish completely.
    6. Odin will recognize your phone which is indicated by the top-left box in Odin turning yellow and ID COM displaying some numbers.
    7. If this doesn't happen then start over from the beginning.
    8. On the bottom right hand side of Odin select the PDA button.
    9. Navigate to the Unzipped file that you downloaded earlier. Select it.
    10. Press the Start button in Odin and let the phone reboot on its own. Do not unplug your phone until it has rebooted or you risk hard bricking it.
    11. Let the phone completely reboot. It may take a minute or two.
    12. Once it reboots (it can take a couple of minutes and might get stuck on the boot screen) press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power Button until you are booted into the recovery screen.
    13. Select factory wipe and reboot the phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have got "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" problem when I tried to flush "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2" with "Bootloader" and "PDA" only (JB version), though the previous binary was ICS. That time Kies was unable to detect my device. I think thus the version was not same and I tried to flush with only 2 files that's why I got that error. Then I flush my device with all 5 files(.pit, Bootloader, PDA, MODEM, CSC) of JB version and got my device works fine.

May be your problem will be different. But I get out from this problem with this steps that's why I share my opinion.
    Last edited by blue.sky; 10-16-2012 at 08:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads