Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    spoon757 likes this.
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    By continuing with this tutorial you assume any and all risks of modifying your phone.
    • Download the above firmware package and unzip it to a place you can easily find it on your PC.
    • Ensure nothing Samsung Kies related is running in the background of your PC. (Check the Task Manager!)
    • Do not have your phone plugged into your PC via USB.

1. On your PC, right-click the Odin 1.85.exe and select Run As Administrator.
    2. Completely power off your phone.
    3. While holding the Volume Down button, press and hold the Power Button and the Home button as well until the phone reboots to your Download Screen.
    4. A screen will appear asking you to confirm your decision to enter Download Mode. Press Volume Up to confirm. (If you change your mind, press and hold just the Power Button and the phone will exit Download Mode and reboot normally.)
    5. Plug your phone into your computer with the factory supplied USB cable. It may try to install some drivers. If it does let it finish completely.
    6. Odin will recognize your phone which is indicated by the top-left box in Odin turning yellow and ID COM displaying some numbers.
    7. If this doesn't happen then start over from the beginning.
    8. On the bottom right hand side of Odin select the PDA button.
    9. Navigate to the Unzipped file that you downloaded earlier. Select it.
    10. Press the Start button in Odin and let the phone reboot on its own. Do not unplug your phone until it has rebooted or you risk hard bricking it.
    11. Let the phone completely reboot. It may take a minute or two.
    12. Once it reboots (it can take a couple of minutes and might get stuck on the boot screen) press and hold Volume Up+Home+Power Button until you are booted into the recovery screen.
    13. Select factory wipe and reboot the phone.
    Last edited by Ollie; 07-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im having the same problem with my samsung infuse 4g. i was trying to flash 2.3.5 leak on it . odin froze at the begining of the process. so ended up unplugging and taking out battery and got the (phone on left and computer on right, Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in kies and try again) i can get into download mode on phone but i cant get kies to recognize and install drivers and odin 7 or 8 wont recognize. not sure what to do.
    i dont use at&t service with it so i cant take it to them... need help really bad. please help

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Quote Originally Posted by amoranhorse View Post
    im having the same problem with my samsung infuse 4g. i was trying to flash 2.3.5 leak on it . odin froze at the begining of the process. so ended up unplugging and taking out battery and got the (phone on left and computer on right, Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in kies and try again) i can get into download mode on phone but i cant get kies to recognize and install drivers and odin 7 or 8 wont recognize. not sure what to do.
    i dont use at&t service with it so i cant take it to them... need help really bad. please help
    If you can't get Odin to recognize your phone then the only option you have is to send it in for a JTag repair. It costs $50. If you are interested I can PM you a place that has great user reviews.

Before doing that, you can try uninstalling Kies and reinstalling it to see if the drivers will recognize your phone. You could also look and see if there is a stand alone driver package for your phone. Also, try using a different USB port and maybe a different computer. Some people have had luck with repeatedly trying USB ports over and over.

Make sure that nothing Kies related is running in the background and that you don't plug in the USB to your phone until you are in download mode.
    Devan likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    it sucks cuz i paid my bill 2 days before this happened, i think im interested in the fix. do you know how long it takes to fix

i cant get it to power on what so ever except when i go into download mode.
    question... Would i want to leave my phone off while installing and setting up kies mini
    Last edited by amoranhorse; 05-17-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Quote Originally Posted by amoranhorse View Post
    it sucks cuz i paid my bill 2 days before this happened, i think im interested in the fix. do you know how long it takes to fix

i cant get it to power on what so ever except when i go into download mode.
    question... Would i want to leave my phone off while installing and setting up kies mini
    You are using a Mac? I sent you a pm with the JTag information. They can answer any questions you have since I am not affiliated with them.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im using windows... i tried doing the alternate using Heimdall with the one click flash. i keep getting kernal failed message. but unlike odin, heimdall actually recognizes my phone when in download mode

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Maybe you shouldn't be using Mini. I have the full blown Kies on mine.

I have never used Heimdall. Don't you have to unpackage a firmware to flash individual files? If you can get the kernel to stick you are good.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies & try again. Now I cant put my phone in Download mode. Can someone help me?

Ads