Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Has anyone used Voyager Pro HD, Icon or ERA or any bluetooth headset with Vlingo?

Greetings:

I need a bluetooth headset that can understand and execute Vlingo command such as call, read caller ID if the caller is in my address book, go to, navigate to, find or search etc and receive GPS voice guidance.

Have anyone here use Plantronics Voyager PRO HD, Jawbone Icon or ERA with your Galaxy S2 Vlingo? If so, which one works best and have the clearest incoming and outgoing sound? If not what product and model do you use that you are happy with?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    Paul_gyver
    I don't use vlingo but I have the Jawbone Icon. I believe what you are looking for is any headset that does simultaneous A2DP multipoint. The Icon does not do that but the ERA and ICON HD will do that. As far as Jawbone in general I absolutely love their products. The only complaint I would have is their battery doesn't last but 4 hours of talk time.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your input. I have a Jabra BT530 A2DP headset but it doesn't seem to work with Vlingo. Whenever I hold the headset call/Talk button it doesn't wake up the phone to place call or launch navigation. The headset will work if I manually wake the phone up using the phone Power/Wake button first. It defeats the hands free, doesn't it?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have been using a Motorola with my old phone and loved it, but I had the same problem with the vlingo commands. So last night I bought the blue ant s4, and had the same problem. I took it back and got a Jabra, same problem. my solution was to turn the vlingo off, download the Motorola Motospeak app' and went back to using my Roadster. now I have the hands free with the ability to hear text messages, and respond by speaking.
    FWIW

Remove Ads

Ads