Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy PLS HELP! - Galaxy S 2 and PS3 do not work together!

My Sammy and my PS3 do not work together on wifi hotspot. I also have an HTC Incredible S that works fine with the PS3 on my current plan/carrier. The problem is that when I get up the hotspot on the sammy and try to connect with the PS3 for some online action I get NAT3 instead of NAT2 and get kicked off the PSN. No problem with the HTC!? Any ideas?

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Might be a build in security thing. I know the xoom would not take a hotspot hacked. Might be the reverse for this.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Are you rooted and using the free WiFi teathering app or are you using the legit hotspot app that the carrier has on your phone and paying for data teathering?

Sent via Android smartphone, please forgive content length, formatting, typos, etc.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    My PS3 is dead so I can't try this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    313 times
    I remember it took an act of congress connecting my Fascinate to my PS3. You had to manually enter all the information within your PS3's settings. I didn't have mine connected for very long as I wasn't too thrilled with the connection/speed/etc. I kept getting booted off in the middle of a movie, game, etc and had to manually reconnect each time. Wasn't worth the hassle.
    Of course the GS2 may work better (once you get it set up that is).
    Good luck & welcome to the forum btw!

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ....So I contacted Samsung and you're right. It is something in the way the phone soes the firewall thing. It is not Sony's issue. Samsung assured me that they would be addressing this issue but as of today I am using my HTC Incredible S so I can game online wihile away from home. My Sammy sits idle at home.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well it's August 27th 2011 and still no connectivity to my PS3. This is very annoying to have to switch phones every time I want to game online away from home! It is also costly payin' to change the phone package to the other phone. How secure does Samsung think I need to be anyway? HTC Incredible S is ok with the firewall on it. C'mon Samsung fix this please!!! When my vacation time comes I want to take my PS3 (for those rainy days when my girl gets boared), as I have an unlimited plan on my phone and I would like to make use of it when I want. This issue is on all Samsungs as my wife's Samsung Galaxy S 2 is the same thing. Thank goodness I didn't sell my HTC!
    Last edited by The750iguy; 08-27-2011 at 10:50 AM.

LCP
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Arrow Answer

Please, when you find out how to do it, please, write here, 'cause my SGSII has the same problem...

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, I will post if I don't just get frustrated and go back to my HTC for good. This is almost definitely a firewall thing. I realize as the android takes market share there will be the attacks via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a thousand other ways on these phones to try to screw with them by the nuts that can't help themselves, but you would think that Samsung would have a way you could temporarily bypass whatever security setting that is on the phone for a time when you need to use the Wi-Fi for such a purpose. Anyway, if I get it to work I will definitely post here. Please do the same LCP if you could. Much appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Twitter
    aardvark502
    Quote Originally Posted by The750iguy View Post
    OK, I will post if I don't just get frustrated and go back to my HTC for good. This is almost definitely a firewall thing. I realize as the android takes market share there will be the attacks via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a thousand other ways on these phones to try to screw with them by the nuts that can't help themselves, but you would think that Samsung would have a way you could temporarily bypass whatever security setting that is on the phone for a time when you need to use the Wi-Fi for such a purpose. Anyway, if I get it to work I will definitely post here. Please do the same LCP if you could. Much appreciated.
    Well if u do go back to the HTC ill be sure to take that Sammy off your hands

Tapped that OMFGB
    I Don't Always Wipe Data
    But When I Do
    I Never have Problems

I'm a Tank

Ads