Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help needed with Sync and Social Hub

I have various accounts linked to my S2 (linkedin, work email (imap), google etc) However my address book keeps filling up with loads of "Unknown Contacts". I have deleted them each time they appear and it has got to the stage there are so many that I have to select All and then unselect all the contacts I really want in my phone book.

I have tried looking for the sync controls but they seem to be "all or nothing" - I want to get the feeds from these other accounts but do not want all the contacts in my address book. When I try to remove the feed it warns me that all posts from the services will be deleted and for some (like skype) it doesnt let me remove them at all. I have it set to sync manually but whenever I go into Social Hub and view one these services and update messages - the Unknown contacts pour back in! This is really starting to annoy me now so any help would be appreciated

I am beginning to think that the best idea is to use the individual applications as I did on the iphone and forget about the social hub - which is a pity because it doesn make checking everything from one place so much easier

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I don't use any of the hubs and went so far as to freeze their processes that run in the background with Titanium Backup. The only hub that they have which peaks my interest is the Music hub and unfortunately it isn't available for me in the U.S. yet so it can't install on my phone.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having exactly the same problem and it is driving me mad. every time you get rid of these pesty 'Unknown' numbers which do not exist they just appear again. How exactly do you use the individual apps? And the how can we dis-enable if there is such a word the linked in accounts. Helpess and going slightly mad but surely Samsung must be about to sort out this problem? Love to hear from you

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I haven't gotten any unknown contacts, but I also don't have anything except for my email tied to the phone. My issue with using the Social Hub was that when I received an email notification from my email account the Social Hub email client would also notify me and I would have to read each email twice to get rid of notifications. So I froze it.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Another user on the web had your unknown contact issue as well and disabled Skype syncing which solved the issue.

Remove Ads

Ads