Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: When I plug in my Galaxy s2 Skyrocket to computer it charges but I cannot access HD

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

When I plug in my Galaxy s2 Skyrocket to computer it charges but I cannot access HD

Cannot access hard drive from any window or linux machine, tried a few of each.
    a
    Sometimes a Removable Disk or two will appear but when i try to open them it says to insert a disk guessing this is the SD ports.

But how do i access the hard drive itself?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Do you mean the internal storage on the phone? You can't. To be able to write to the system, you must be rooted. Even then, you cannot access that storage via a USB connection.

Tapatalk'd

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    If your talking about the sdcard you will need to drop the notification panel, and press the mount SD card before it will show up as a disk inserted.

Rescue Squad

Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns

Gtalk available upon request

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

hurm

Odd I could do this with my non-skyrocket AT&T samsung galaxy s2-- i was able to copy my music to my phone no problem from my computer. Yet on skyrocket I cannot.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    That would be putting files on the SD card. Did what Ronnie suggested not work for you? Could you please walk us through what you tried?

Tapatalk'd

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    248 times
    You must enable USB mode on the phone or it won't mount the system.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Samsung Skyrocket connect to PC and Mac solved 12-23-11

First of all, to all you people that replied to this thread and don't actually have a Skyrocket (I know your jealous) thanks, but no thanks as you were no help at all.
    Folks that do have a Skyrocket listen up as this is the true route you will need to take to get the connectivity you seek.
    First, take a look at the the supplied usb cable that came with your device. You will notice a sticker attached to that cable that states: Charging only cable. Pretty much that is the entire problem, what a joke and shame on Sumsung for supplying a cable that will not connect and states nothing about it in the manual. Obviously, that cable is for charging and not connectivity. With that being said I purchased an additional charging cable for the ATT store, which should be the standard after market cable sold by ATT. This cable did not have the same dreaded sticker attached and when I plugged in...success.
    Not so fast, there is a process that you must follow in order to connect as followes: settings, wireless and network, usb utilities, than tap connect storage to PC followed by connect USB storage. At this point you will be connected and you will see both the internal storage and SD card. In addition, and in order to disconnect you will have to tap disconnect storage from PC on the phone before attempting to remove the device from your computer.
    Just so you are aware this works on both a Mac and a PC and no drivers are required. I did have to pony up about $30 for the aftermarket cable/charger. If you have a cable of your own that might wark as well, but I prefferred to have a charger at work as well as at home so no really biggy.
    Galxaxy S2 Skyrocket reins supreme on to the next.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 12-23-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Thanks for your response, but there's no need to be rude. We try to help where we can. You'll notice that none of the responses in this thread came from non-staff. This site supports multiple devices which are all a little different from each other. We don't own every device that's supported here. Sorry, that's just reality. There is no "one size fits all" solution to every problem. If you want to help out, do so. Just don't be a jerk about it.

Tapatalk'd

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by noworrychickencurry View Post
    First of all, to all you people that replied to this thread and don't actually have a Skyrocket (I know your jealous) thanks, but no thanks as you were no help at all.
    How are you going to come in and start trashing those who try to help others. NO I don't own I skyrocket, no I don't plan on buying one. I will however throw out any advice I have that may be useful for a particular situation. Most devices follow very similar steps/procedures to do the same types of things. So trying the tried and true is usually a good place to start. Take a breather and chill out bud.

By the way, Congrats on figuring the problem out. We thank you for that.

Rescue Squad

Feel free to pm, with any questions or concerns

Gtalk available upon request

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    You should eat less curry.

***tappin from sumfin***
    Paul Gyver likes this.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Ads