Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

No More Panning Wallpaper Background. Help!

Since i've had my phone, i've used one of the preset backgrounds. And as I would pan from side to side on the main screen, the background image would do the same. But then I decided to use one of my photo images and it made me select the screen size. Then the image wouldn't pan when i moved left or right. It was always the same image. Now i've tried to go back to the preset images (that panned before), and now they won't pan either. Does anyone know where I can change a setting or something to turn the panning wallpaper image back on? Thanks.

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum Brenton! Hang in there, one of our RS guys should be able to fix you up.

**tap'n**

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Do you have the Sprint version and did you recently get an update for your phone? They removed the feature. You can get it back very easily and a ton of great bonus features by downloading Multipicture Live Wallpaper from the Android market. It is free and will let you put a different wallpaper on each page, change the scrolling effect, and much more.
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Except Multipicture Live won't let you select images from the factory installed wallpaper gallery, only pictures you have loaded on to the phone or taken with it. Kind of a bummer, cuz I love the Golden Gate Bridge wallpaper image that came with the phone, but it no longer pans in my sprint phone. So you can't see the bridge, just the shoreline . . .
    Last edited by Lairflow; 02-23-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    GoLauncherEx has the option for the wallpaper to move or not to move with your screens, but I guess this doesn't help you unless you choose to use Go, which I highly give 5 stars to.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

My Phones are doing the same thing

I've posted on a couple of different places with regards to this malfunction. Both my and my daughter's phones used to work with panning, now they don't. I've opened a ticket at Sprint as this is a big deal to me. I change papers often and I've paid plenty for fancy paper programs that include panning and expect to be able to use them with such a fancy cell phone. In fact, when it came down to comparing phones, one of the things that I loved about Android over Apple was the fact the wallpapers could be live and had a 3D feel with the panning that occurred when moving from screen to screen on horizontal scrolling. This really is a big deal and I don't feel like I should have to download some other program to try to get back what is an Android standard because of what Sprint/Samsung took away. Even my old Optimus V phone still pans, it's becoming infuriating. I even had a tech at Sprint tell me that the panning never existed on my phone. What? Sprint/Samsung, you need to fix this because for me the loss is big and can't be overlooked. I may come back and demand a different phone, that works as it's supposed to.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Your phone works as it is supposed to. Unfortunately, "as it is supposed to" has never been and never will be dictated by us. As an example I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Note. By default scrolling wallpapers never has been an option. I have to download an alternative launcher to get scrolling wallpapers, but that also means that my default look of the phone has to change. I prefer touchwiz over any other launcher so it is a no go for me.

You can simply use Multipicture Live Wallpaper. It is what I used to use to get a different picture on each home screen. Not even that works on my phone which is a bummer because I was hoping to set up hubs.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

The alternatives don't do the same thing.

I installed GO and yes, my wallpapers scroll from side to side, but the fancy 3D feel wallpapers simply no longer work. If you take a look at the wind turbine wallpaper, they move and turn, but when you go from screen to screen, they are in the same position. Now, go to YouTube and look up the wind turbine wallpaper and watch an animation of how it is supposed to (used to) work. The effect was a feel of walking around the turbines; a definite 3D feel, now it is gone. I have paid for many papers that make use of this feature, Samsung needs to return it. Oh, and why is it just Samsung? What about Motorola and HTC devices? I'm not a happy camper. And yes, this cool feature meant something to me.

Oh, and I wanted to add, that many wallpapers sold at Google Play take advantage of this feature. My phone is not working as it is supposed to or as it did, functionality was removed. Wonder when we'll see ICS and if this will fix the issue.
    Last edited by jacksonista; 04-07-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    I am running ICS on my Galaxy Note and will check it out.

With the stock TouchWiz Launcher on 4.0.3 it still doesn't work. However, when I enable the launcher that I prefer (Apex) it works as designed.
    Last edited by Ollie; 04-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hey guys, i have a problem..
    my samsung s2 is stopping panning left and right, i used it for a game (Real Racing 3)
    she's stopped now, how can i fix it to play my game again??!!!
    thx a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads