Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Pictures not saving to the SD Card

When taking photos the pictures will not store on the memory card. Is anyone else having this same issue?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    332 times
    Hi Kandy - Welcome to Samsung Galaxy Forums!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yes, I am having that issue. Mine will say they're going to the SD card, but they're still in the phone, not moved. Sprint tried to help me but I stopped
    thinking about it. Best to get back into it now?

I'm taking my phone to England even though it isn't a world phone, but I'm thinking I'll be using my actual digital camera instead of the Epic.

Didn't help you much, did I?

MM

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    It is saving it to your sdcard. Just not the external sdcard. I don't know why they chose to call the internal storage the sdcard, but it is and the micro SD is the external card.

You will have to find a camera app that allows you to alter the save path or use a service like imageshack , flickr, or photobucket that auto uploads your images.
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am not very tech savvy, but after reading numerous posts on this I figured out what users need to do. For example, if I am checking my Yahoo e-mail and want to save a photo from an attachment, I click on the attachment and the phone will give a pop up message that says "saved," but then when I go to "Applications" and then "Gallery" I do not see the photo where the Gallery is supposed to save them to the section that says 'sdcard' or 'external_sd'. I think that is what you are experiencing and assuming/believing your photo was not saved because it does not show in picture form?

But there is one ADDITIONAL STEP you first need to do. From "Applications" go to the icon that says "My Files" then click on that. On the top of the next screen with the heading "SD Card" you can scroll down to find various download folders. In my case I go to the "Yahoo" folder and beneath it is a running list of all of the files I have ever downloaded to my phone--jpegs, PDFs, etc. and the phone actually shows an image of that photo I want to retain. The next step is to go to the lower left hand corner of your phone's main control keys at the very bottom of the phone--BELOW the touch screen and click on the key that looks like an upside down looking "square u" icon with 2 horizontal lines inside of it. The phone will then ask you if you want to "copy" or "move" a designated file to your 'sdcard' or 'external_sd'. After you do that you will see that photo populate to your "Gallery" and from that point can easily attach it to e-mails or text messages.

I hope the above explanation was not too confusing or complicated. I am not very tech savvy, but figured that my photo was saved somewhere, but needed to be located and/or moved, so I just figured it out on my own from trial and error.

Good luck with this process everyone!

Ads