Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

TwLauncher stopped working

Hi Everyone!
    I was wondering if any of you found yourself in this situation. I can't use my phone because "TwLauncher stopped working" It didn't run any app, I was trying to make a call, as I did all morning, and out of nowhere that message appeared!! I don't know what to do because I can't access anything! It pops up on the main screen. I tried turning it off and on and the same thing happens...
    A couple of weeks ago the phone updated the android version to the latest one...that is as much as I know...
    All help is appreciated.
    Thanks before hand!
    Maggie

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    253 times
    Hello Maggie! If you can, open the Settings app. Select Applications, select All, scroll down to TWLauncher and clear the data.

If you can't...

Launch a browser on your PC and go to the Google Play Store. Log in with your google account. Search for Apex Launcher. Then select Install. When you are prompted select your phone from the available devices and it should push it to your phone via the Internet.

If it installs, the next time you go to your home screen it will ask you which launcher to use. Select Apex. Then follow the original set of instructions to clear the TWLauncher data.

If Apex won't install remotely then you will have to perform a Factory Data Reset by booting your phone into Recovery Mode (volume up+home button+power button until the phone reboots) or by using Samsung Kies on the PC.
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,
    I have the same problem mentioned: TwLauncher stopped working.
    I Installed the Apex launcher usinng the browser on my PC but it didn't solve the problem.
    Now after pressing the home buttom you are aked to choose a launcher and after I choose the recently installed Apex one the It stops like the TW launcher stopped.
    Can Anyone Help?
    Is it possible to connect to the Galaxy from my Pc usb connection and troubleshoot the problem?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmr View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    I was wondering if any of you found yourself in this situation. I can't use my phone because "TwLauncher stopped working" It didn't run any app, I was trying to make a call, as I did all morning, and out of nowhere that message appeared!! I don't know what to do because I can't access anything! It pops up on the main screen. I tried turning it off and on and the same thing happens...
    A couple of weeks ago the phone updated the android version to the latest one...that is as much as I know...
    All help is appreciated.
    Thanks before hand!
    Maggie
    Ive get rid from this problem by restoring some stock apps (like ap news widget), clearing twlauncher cache and the most important removing calendar widget from homescreen. Before Ive made several wipes (cache, dalvik cache, internal memory fromat) and several ODIN flashes, but nope as soon Ive done all my usual stuff like removing useless apps and installing useful widgets all had happened again.
    Issue 33875 - android - Installing calendar widget causes repetetive TwLauncher crash. - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Tw launcher stopped working

Hello Maggie .... and others
    The Tw launcher stopped working on my Galaxy S2 a few days ago so I started researching the problem....and guess what I found?!?
    The Tw launcher is a "stock" launcher that comes as a default program on the Samsung smart phones and there seems to be a lot of
    people who have some trouble with it. The most common problem is that it becomes corrupted and just stops - thus the message on your phone.
    I got around this by installing another launcher - Apex Launcher is my choice.
    Because you are most likely not able to access Google Play Store via your phone - download a launcher via your pc or laptop to your phone.
    Then on your smart phone ..... do this:
    1. Take out the battery ... count to 5 then reinsert it
    2. While holding down the Volume Down button one one side of your phone press and hold the Power button on the other side of your phone
    3. When the phone starts up it will bring up a screen in which you are asked which launcher you want to use.
    4. Touch the newly downloaded launcher .... and there you have it ..... a new launcher on a working phone.
    Well..... it worked for me. Best of luck

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've found the same solution elsewhere (to install Launcher Pro or Apex Launcher) and could install them via my PC but both of them also crash. How can I clear the default Launcher's cache?

The factory reset is my VERY LAST resort...

BTW, I never had this problem before and was simply browsing the internet and copying a phone number when suddenly the phone started to restart (I thought I accidently pressed a button or something) and then I had this same error message you all had.
    Last edited by paulnaude01; 12-31-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This happened to me as well, if you ever get to a screen that has a phone, then two yellow dots then an exclamation point inside of a triangle, then two more dots then a computer...
    you're screwed, call samsung and beg for a replacement (they gave me one)
    -The KbloodyK

Remove Ads

Ads