Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caleb

Thread: Can't receive Pictures?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Can't receive Pictures?

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, and I can't receive picture messages! I have packet data turned on, I've looked around and it says to disable auto retrieve so I did that, but still no pictures. The message will pop up in my thread with a download button, when I click it it says downloading but nothing will happen; it won't confirm anything was downloaded and it just goes back to saying "download", and I can click on it again. I really would enjoy receiving pictures, can anyone help?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Welcome to the forum caleb! Are you using the stock messaging app? Have you tried a different msg app like GOSMS or Handcent, to see if that helps? (both free in the Play Store)
    GoSms works great and is what many of us use.

**tap'n**

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Hi there Caleb, and welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I didn't even know you needed an app to download pictures, I'll go get one off the store now, thanks!

EDIT: Ok, so I got Handcent and set it as my default, but the same thing happened, I just don't know what's up, is there some other feature I need to activate or should I just bring it in to ATT sometime?

EDIT: Again, installed GoSMS and the same thing, and now I know it's not trying cause it gives a progress bar that never fills up at all, do I need to manually configure APN settings or something?
    Last edited by Caleb; 07-08-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    GreenFroggie has an APN thread around here that you can double check against your APN. It seems like you don't have the mms set up.
    Living dangerously, to me, is eating spaghetti with a white shirt on.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    I have this same issue with both my Skyrocket and GNex on the AT&T network. I don't know why it does it. I usually just wait for any amount of time and it will usually download.

But it does not happen all the time. I am not really sure what causes this issue.
    How to use Odin!

Sam Mobile and Sam Mobile Firmwares (Select you type, OS, Model and Country/Carrier)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK I figured it out. I went to ATT the other day and asked the sales rep about it. Apparently when you order a phone online, they "prodate" some functions of the phone. He said this means that you can't use the full range of your phone until a certain amount of time has passed since you started using it. He went online and called up the main ATT place (I think) and requested they immediately activate those features, and now I can receive and send pictures/videos/other multimedia stuff. So just a heads up for anyone else that orders online! He said it happens quite frequently with online purchases, less with instore. Also, I was using a 3G card with a 4G phone, I think that one's on me haha, but thank you for your help! If there's some way we can get more people to know about the whole online thing that would be great!
    DeeSamsung likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Caleb? You are ..

.. (continued) .. Awesome! I can't believe how many wasted hours I've spent trying to figure out why I can't download my mms pictures, just to read your follow up with letting us know that AT&T intentionally sends out phones not configured all the way! I've been dreading even having to call AT&T in the first (still recovering from :: weeks :: of aggravation with just getting my phone upgrade) ... just to know, I have to come to terms with needing to call them whether I like it or not. Now I guess, I can stop searching for an answer via my google search. Thank you!

Ads