Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Screen cracked, need to recover very important data!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    It's been awhile since my last posting. I have had a few major life changes, still adjusting and recovering. I will add to my original posting. If you don't have USB debugging enabled before the destruction of your screen, this will not work. Depending on the severity of the crack, you may be able to use a screenshot program to blind navigate your way through the settings to enable USB debugging. If you have a screen lock, this makes it exceedingly difficult especially if your screen timeout is 5 or 10 seconds.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Post Won't recognize phone

Hello,

I followed the proper steps and installed the adb...the program opens and wants to work, but it will not recognize that my phone is plugged in. Soooo close yet so far away... Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Going out on a limb here thinking that this should be possible through adb. I know adb has a screen shot mode that might be able to help you figure out where to press on the screen. Adb installs the android sdk which does the screen shots.

Once adb is set up on the PC it should work.

There are also screen recording apps that mirror to your PC whatever is happening on the screen.

If the apps are not dependant on the screen actually being in working order then this is the route I would take.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,
    my sister also broke her screen, so I'm looking for a solution as well. Though I highly doubt that she has USB debugging enabled...

Regarding your case: with the Android SDK is it highly important to have the appropriate USB drivers for your phone installed on your PC.
    You can find info here: OEM USB Drivers | Android Developers Note: you cannot use the GOogle driver listed on that website, you need the Samsung driver.
    (you can use the Google USB driver only with Nexus models).

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Having the proper drivers allows the phone and computer to work seamlessly, like two figure skaters working in tandem. If adb is not picking up your phone then you don't have the proper items installed in android sdk. Or Usb debugging isn't enabled.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

tried to boot without SIM ?

Hello Folks,

I was in the same situation with a broken display on a Galaxy Nexus : black screen, no more touch response and USB Debugging OFF.

As I had no lock on the phone (except the SIM PIN) I tried the following (that worked for me) :

Removed the battery (to make sure it was OFF)
    Removed the SIM card
    Put Battery back in place
    Connected to Computer with USB cable
    Booted the Phone ON

Soon after, the windows prompt for Portable Device appeared and by immediately clicking on "Open device to view files using Windows Explorer", I was able to access the phone memory and copy various datas to my computer (dwnld documents, pictures, music, etc...)

Worth giving it a try.. thx for your FB,
    Rgds
    IC10021 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Twitter
    @MarkusKirwan
    The exact thing happened to me. However, I have been unsuccessful. Could you by any chance email me the details of what you did? I am dying without my music!

Thank you,
    --Mark

Edit: Please PM the information. It's a very bad idea to post a personal email address.
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 10-27-2012 at 12:58 AM.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times

Re: Screen cracked, need to recover very important data!

If you check the post above yours, he listed the steps you'll need to do in order to access your files.
    Good luck!

tap'n
    UltraDroid likes this.

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    just wanted to say that ive just cracked my sgs2 screen and with a sim pin and phone lock activated, getting anything off my phone isnt easy.

i have however managed to get most of my files ( downloads, photos, music etc ) by logging into SAMSUNG DIVE . there is an option that lets you unlock your phones screen (can take a while and took mine about 4 mins to unlock but there is a progress bar to tell you ) and enables you to then stick a usb lead in and access files on the phone memory.

contacts are backed up with google or whatever so im not as p*ssed as i was. although im still not looking forward to the repair bill

still, i hope the info helps someone. GL
    IC10021 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    im just wondering what you guys did to get your stuff back and where can i find adh im trying everything i need to get the stuff off my phone....
    Last edited by myweakness; 11-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

help me please!

ryt, i am clueless when it comes to this stuff.... my galaxy s2 started what my service provider says sounds like leaking lcd fluid.... which basically means my screens gone black. phone still works and insurance are refusing to cover me. so i need to try and retrieve all my data, pictures videos, music, contacts.... i have done what ye said and downloaded sdk ..... (again can i point out im clueless!) where do i go next???!!!! can someone please talk me through what i have to do??!! phone is working fine.. i can even unlock it as i hav a pattern lock and i know where to draw the pattern! please help........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads