Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: Wi-fi wont work on my Galaxy S2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wi-fi wont work on my Galaxy S2

I have read two other threads on this forum but I think my problem is kind of different. The problems faced by other users could be rectified by restarting the phone. Mine kind of seems permanent WiFi failure. Just praying it has something to do with the software more than the hardware.

I have being using a leaked ICS upgrade from Samsung. I used it for almost 2-3 months. It had some issues, like the WiFi freeze and the sound would start playing gittery if i turned on the 5.1 option in the Samsung stock music player, but they would be sorted out after a phone restart. Recently a week back I installed a custom rom for jelly bean, Vanilla RootBOX. It was running fine and I loved the Jelly Bean feel but I missed the Samsung stock music player (it was loud then the other options available) and so rolled back to ICS 4.0.3. stock rom.

It worked fine for two days. Later while leaving house I was low on batt and turned off WiFi and data network. The next day when i reached home and tried switching on WiFi it freezes and won't turn on. I thought it was the same problem as before and so just restarted my cell but it wont work. I tried restarting my cell a couple on time but no luck. I read a few comments on the internet regarding this issue faced by others. I think i have tried almost every info i could get on the net.

I was using XXLPQ firmware first when I face this issue. I read some where that there is problem with that firmware and XWLP7 users where not facing the issue. So i flashed that on my phone. The problem did not solve. Then someone had mentioned on another forum that he contacted Samsung and they said the only solution is to roll back to Gingerbread. So i flashed my device to XXKL1 Gingerbread Firmware. Now i think the WiFi turns on but once it starts scanning after some time it again turns off.

I have tried the factory reset/ data wipe, cache wipe, something called delvick wipe (i think) under the advance option. Nothing works. If someone has a solution and can help please let me know. I am pretty desperate for a solution. I am on verge of using leaves to cover myself and go live in a cave, beat rocks together in the hope of inventing fire and eat uncooked dinosaur meat.

Thanks in advance for the efforts to help out. Sorry about the lengthy post but I thought a detailed description would help.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    330 times
    Hi there - welcome to the forum! We're delighted to have you as a member.

I'm going to have to ask you to be patient and hang on for awhile. As soon as one of our Rescue Squad guys gets free, he'll swing by and give you a hand. He's gonna need to know the model number of your phone (look under the battery, if you're not sure) as well as who your service provider is - in the US, AT&T or T-Mobile?
    luvaudi likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanx for the warm welcome UltraDroid! The model number is GT-I9100 and I am from India, so my phone is factory unlocked, but currently I am on Vodafone India.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am having exactly the same problem, did anything help?
    If somebody is still monitoring this thread please let me know how can I fix this problem?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Swapnil,

If you have tried doing all the things above and were still not able to sort out the problem then the only thing left to do is go to service center. I had to get my motherboard replaced. It set me back by 10Gs.

Quote Originally Posted by swapnil.g View Post
    I am having exactly the same problem, did anything help?
    If somebody is still monitoring this thread please let me know how can I fix this problem?

Ads