Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

AT&T Galaxy S2 using Straight Talk many many problems

Hey guys Im going to try to explain everything that I can, and maybe I can fix a few of these problems.

First of all I bought a used Galaxy S2 that is a at&t phone. I noticed some "non factory" apps so I decided to do a factory reset. First thing I noticed when I done a factory reset, was when it started booting up to the getting started page it was in some language that I have never seen before..I was able to change it to US and log into my google account. Im not sure what that was all about. After all of that is finished I look and the same apps are still on my phone, just a few random games and a couple that are in that weird looking language. Also the "back" and "search" buttons do not work, they light up but I have to hit "home" to go back.

Well I previously had a at&t iphone 3g also using straight talk, I removed the card and inserted it into my galaxy and powered off then on. I was able to send and receive texts, I was able to call and recieve calls but I could not hear them and they could not here me. I also could not pick up any network, EDGE or 3G. I rememberd that I had to change a few things on my iphone that came with the instructions with my straight talk sim. So I made the same changes to my galaxy;

Name: Straight Talk
    APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80

After this I still have the same problems, except now my galaxy shows I am on the EDGE network at my home, which is normal.

I called the guy I bought the phone from and he said he never had any of those problems with the phone...
    Here is some of the Info on my phone, I really hope there is nothing wrong with it and maybe some of you guys can point me in the right direction.

MODEL NUMBER: GT-I9100
    ANDROID VER: 4.0.4
    BASEBAND VER: I9100XXLQ6
    KERNEL VER: 3.0.15-I9100XWLPM-CL837163
    dpi@DELL145 #3
    SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 5 11:26:14 KST 2012
    BUILD NUMBER: IMM76D.XWLPM

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok, well after updating my apn settings, I can now mms and connect to 3G, E, H, and H+? Not for sure what the H means, but it was just as fast as my friends iphone4 with him having 4g. I connected to Kies to see if I can update my firmware and it says Your device does not support firmware updating via Kies. I am so confused guys, I do not have a clue what to do. Its almost like this phone is not an american version, or the previous owner has messed with it to cause these problems. I hope someone can get with me soon about this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Hello jmeador - and welcome to Galaxy Forums!

Someone will be by to give you a hand, but you're going to have to be patient. This forum is staffed by people who are not on Samsung's payroll, but rather volunteers who are Android phone enthusiasts and enjoy helping people - so they stop by when they have some free time, and that doesn't necessarily follow a set pattern. If you can hang in there though, you *will* get an answer - but since it's now 12:35 AM here in The East, it may not be tonight.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh no hurry bub. Just giving an update of the situation I had as I told you in the pm i sent you. Wanted everyone to have as much info as possible, didnt want anyone trouble shooting in the dark. Thanks for your concern though, have a good day.

Ads