Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Galaxy S2 - Recovery of photo gallery (broken screen)

Hey Guys

So, recently a good friend of mine broke her screen on her galaxy S2 witch made the screen blackout. The phone itself still works (light in the home panel, vibrating so on) but the USB HD function is not enabled witch means I'm not allowed to enter the phone with Samsung's standard programs. I read an article on the forum of a guy who earlier solved this by enabling this function through "ADB" witch i understood is development software. I tried using the software my self but had to give up. Now i'm asking if there is some friendly being out there who could open the phone through Team-viewer for me (Team-viewer allows you to control my computer). The pictures has great value for my friend (pictures of her newborn son) so some help would really be appreciated.

Do you need anymore information please feel welcome to ask.

Best Regards Jonas

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    To my knowledge, if the screen is broken, and the USB function is not enabled, the next best thing you can do is take it to a phone repair shop and have them replace the screen, or use the ADB program. Depending on the model, you can also get a screen online and replace the screen yourself/herself. It takes patience and tools (most which can be ordered with the digitizer on Amazon). There should be tons of videos online for it. Just make sure when you do it, you have the correct video for the phone's model number.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BellyBlack View Post
    No matter how careful you are, an accident may happen from time to time. In the digital life, dropping your Samsung mobile on the floor or into the water could be the most common case. So Samsung File Extraction will be a good choice to retrieve photos, videos, contacts and more data from broken Android. Samsung File Extraction, a useful data recovery software good at recovering deleted photos from Samsung devices, is also specializes in recovering photos from black-screen Samsung or Samsung phone that broken for different reasons.
    With it, you are able to recover data from broken screen Samsung mobile as soon as possible.
    To replace the screen, you can conntect the phone to pc and it would be recognized, you can use a data recovery tool to get back the data.
    Last edited by Roisa; 02-09-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Generally speaking, all Android phones uses a removable Micro SD card where pictures are saved to. The SD card is typically in the same location where the battery is and you must remove the battery 1st in order to remove the SD card. Consult your manual for more clarification if necessary.

With the micro SD card in hand you can transfer the pictures to a computer/laptop with the following two methods:

1. If your PC has a SD card reader, then you need to use a micro SD to SD card adapter. Simply insert the micro SD card into the adapter, then insert the adapter card into the computer's SD slot.
    2. With the assistance of a friend's Android phone, simply turn off his/her phone. Then replace his/her micro SD card with yours. Turn on the Android phone and connect it to the computer. Choose the option to use the Android phone as a "disk drive" or "storage device" so that you can access the SD card as an external hard drive.

The pictures should be in the "dcim" directory. There may be two folders called "100MEDIA" and "Camera". In any case, all your pictures should be in the "dcim" directory. Simply select all and copy them to your computer.

If it does't works for you, you can also try the FORecovery Android Broken Recovery software to recover photos back from Android with broken screen directly.
    Last edited by AmandaColey; 04-14-2017 at 08:37 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If it does't works for you, you can also try Android Broken Recovery software to recover photos back from Android with broken screen directly.
    It is quite easy if USB debugging is enabled on the phone. Or you have to replace the screen instead.
    Last edited by tekrgcp; 04-26-2017 at 03:25 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads