Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grenefroggie

Thread: What is the quickest way to back up a Samsung Galaxy S2 in under 60 seconds?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

What is the quickest way to back up a Samsung Galaxy S2 in under 60 seconds?

I left my phone in my friend's car and he didn't return it until 3 days later. The battery already died, so I charged it and functioned properly for the next couple of days. One day, when I was using it, it just turned off (like it reset itself) even though it had near full battery/wasn't even close to dying. Then it goes back to the loading screen and while the blue bar is loading it turns off, vibrates and then does the same thing. I took it to the T-Mobile store, and unsurprisingly, they had no idea how to fix it. Sometimes I'd get really lucky and the cycle would break and my phone would actually load properly. I would then have about 60 seconds to do something like try and back it up, but I don't know how to do it quickly.

I just want to save all my videos, pictures, some of my picture downloads, notes, and diary. It would be nice if I could back up the progress on my gaming apps, but it's not as important as my videos, pics, and downloads. I have an SD card. Is it possible to back everything up in under 60 seconds? Any programs on my computers to accelerate the process as well? Any amazing android applications?

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    I would first try booting in to the stock Android recovery and clearing the cache and rebooting it in the event that it is a software issue.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    How to use Odin!

Sam Mobile and Sam Mobile Firmwares (Select you type, OS, Model and Country/Carrier)

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Try what froggie suggested first. There really is no way to back up your files in under 60 seconds. You may be able to connect your phone to your pc and transfer files until your phone dies and continue this process until all off your files are transferred.
    As for the other problem...do you know if the phone sat in the car all three days? How hot had it been where you live? The reason I ask is because heat is one of the worst things in the world for your phone. If it sat in the sun and/or in a hot car where temps can reach well over 100 degrees, that can definitely do some damage to the hardware, especially if the phone wasn't powered off beforehand.

Good luck and keep us updated.

tap'n

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    I would first try booting in to the stock Android recovery and clearing the cache and rebooting it in the event that it is a software issue.
    I actually got lucky and managed to get the phone to work for one hour and copy and paste all the files to my computer. I've been able to do that about twice. Now my only problem is restoring my game progress, bookmarks, and texts back to my new phone, which already has some new progress/information on it. Would you suggest rooting my phone?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Try what froggie suggested first. There really is no way to back up your files in under 60 seconds. You may be able to connect your phone to your pc and transfer files until your phone dies and continue this process until all off your files are transferred.
    As for the other problem...do you know if the phone sat in the car all three days? How hot had it been where you live? The reason I ask is because heat is one of the worst things in the world for your phone. If it sat in the sun and/or in a hot car where temps can reach well over 100 degrees, that can definitely do some damage to the hardware, especially if the phone wasn't powered off beforehand.

Good luck and keep us updated.

tap'n
    I actually got lucky and managed to get the phone to work for one hour and copy and paste all the files to my computer. I've been able to do that about twice. Now my only problem is restoring my game progress, bookmarks, and texts back to my new phone, which already has some new progress/information on it. Would you suggest rooting my phone?

Remove Ads

Ads