Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

battery drains before my eyes

I've got an s2 GT-19100 I forget the original android version but it would have been the original android system that came out when the s2 first did. Last year the phone died and I took it to a shop and they did a factory reboot (I'm guessing) and upgraded to Android version 4.1.2. The phones' been working fine for the past year. I'm in Tokyo and I've got a Thai sim card in the phone but I'm set on airplane mode and not connected to any provider. (I've done this for years, not used in Japan, only wifi) then when I get off the plane in Bangkok, i turn on the connection to my mobile network and use the phone with the network.
    Anyway a few weeks ago I notice my battery was not holding a charge at all (maybe an hour or two), I bought a new battery, put it in, fully charge and it drains even faster than the old one. I've got an app called carat that tells me supposedly which apps are draining my battery and I try to stop most of them although I'm a bit worried about force stopping stuff, gps is turned off as is everything but WiFi, sound ,and screen rotation. The phone works fine when plugged into the charger. It's dropped from 100% to 94% as I type this. Any suggestions? Am I in trouble here? I go to Thailand next month and can have it looked at then. Of course here in Japan they won't work on anything that's not contracted to their handful of companies. Thanks for any ideas. I'd like to fix this myself and I'm hoping its just something set incorrectly. Thanks guys,
    Ken

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    Hi Ken - sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your phone. I'm not a technician, so all I can do is ask you to be patient and we'll see if some of our members can offer some suggestions.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Ken. I had a similar problem - phone gets really hot at the back and battery drains rapidly. I tried many recommended solutions (some quite bizarre!) before finding the real cause.
    There is an App called "DRM Protected Content Storage" that uses about 36% CPU utilization for long periods of time. I disabled this in Application Manager and my battery now lasts me a full day (about 16 hours) with normal usage - WiFi on, GPS on, email on etc.
    Sean

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    153 times
    I want to say there were serious issues with the 4.1.2 update for the GT-I9100. Power and battery problems were common. Try searching for GT-I9100 4.1.2 power issues.
    How to use Odin!

Sam Mobile and Sam Mobile Firmwares (Select you type, OS, Model and Country/Carrier)

Remove Ads

Ads