Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Why are so many people hating on samsung galaxy s in other forums?

Everywhere I look on other forums I always see people say stuff like: "Samsung makes crappy hardware" or: "they never get updates" I have had 6 android phones, eris>droid 1>droid 2>indredible>droidx>Fascinate. This Fascinate has been nicest one yet, from the screen to the processing power, its a great phone. The update thing kinda sucks but IMO people with half a grain of sense can odin eb01 on it. Any thoughts on this?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    Haters gonna hate, plain & simple. Every single Android device out there has its own inherent drawbacks, as do the manufacturers & carriers. I've said this many times before and I'll say it again. I'm VERY thankful for the Android development community, especially the people who have gotten behind the Fascinate. It's a great device w/ great specs & performance. It wasn't locked down by the manufacturer. Now, do I want Samsung to hurry up & release Froyo source code so we can get even more out of these phones? ABSOLUTELY! Do I have my own opinions about Samsung's approach of releasing tons of new phones while seemingly not supporting the ones that are out there? Of course! But the Fascinate is a great device that puts many of the others out there to shame. 'Nuff said.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I was extremely displeased with my Fascinate initially. I was promised Froyo by the local VZW within a couple weeks. My stock phone was completely useless as far as GPS is concerned. It's battery life was atrocious. Thank the sweet lord for the development community and places like this who can help me make use of that development. Never been happier with a phone than I am right now, this thing blows me away. Sooooooooo much better than a stock Fassy.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    I never buy an android phone by the specs out...I look at the hacks first. Because as muji said, all have their drawbacks. I was looked at like a freak when I went from the droid x to the fascinate. But it was an awesome move because the droid x stock was laggy as hell and the roms were never stable, always rebooting randomly.

At this moment I cannot find my phone...it is somewhere in the office...or the office of someone I went into... lol

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Yeah, I didn't know anything about phone hacking when I got this thing, as most people don't. I only knew that several of the things that were suppose to work well on this phone did not. If there had been ANY other option for a phone I would have returned it. I left US Cell for Verizon and this phone. I very nearly backed out of my contract entirely and went back to US Cell and the Curve until something else came along. And then I found this place!

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    [Gasp!] No, not the Curve!!!

I came to the Fascinate from the Curve. It was a good phone for its time ... but that time passed LOOOOONG ago.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Haha no kidding. I was blown away by the Curve when I got it too! This thing makes it look like a pocket calculator. The Curve made my Moto Q look like it was standing still too...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Man, the last blackberry I had was like 5 years ago or so. With the trackwheel before they had the trackball. So so lame.

I pwnd at brick breaker, though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    You mean one of these, Dustin?

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    Before the droid x had the droid...before that had a BB storm (the first...suuuucked)...before that the LG Dare. So...you can see I am easily swayed by marketing...lol I am in marketing...it's not my fault.

Found my phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads