Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Twitter
    GalaxyForums

Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Galaxy Forums is a friendly community dedicated to all variants of the Samsung Galaxy family of devices such as the Samsung Galaxy, Galaxy S2, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Attain, Samsung Within and Samsung Function.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Galaxy questions or problems or discuss it in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cell phones/devices, etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
    piels82 likes this.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello
    Im new here my name is Mike but go by ned on the forums. Im not new to the smart phone Ive had a droid Eris and a thunderbolt but i am trying to put together a fascinate for my wife I know this is an introduction thread but I hope you dont mind me posting a question at the same time. I Bought a Fascinate with a bad esn so I went on E-bay and bought another with a cracked screen and want to put the two together to make a good one. I watched the repairsuniverse guide for screen removal but I was wondering cant I just switch the motherboards without having to take apart the screen? I was able to do that on my Eris once an it was pretty simple.I called repairsunivers and they wont let me talk to a tech unless I have an order#.Thanks in advance for any help that is given
    peteruniverse likes this.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum Ned64!
    Unfortunately taking apart your device is beyond my expertise but good luck!
    peteruniverse likes this.

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Twitter
    GalaxyForums
    Welcome aboard Ned! glad to have you with us!

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    Paul_gyver
    Quote Originally Posted by ned64 View Post
    I was wondering cant I just switch the motherboards without having to take apart the screen?
    I don't see why not. You should be able to release the ribbon cable going from the screen to the main board. I agree that replacing the screen is a pain with having to heat it up for the adhesive to release it. Good luck ned.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just opened up the phone with the bad esn and sure enough the screen is glued to the motherboard. Ill wait till I get the phone with the cracked screen from E-Bay and remove that one first for practice. If its too difficult Ill send it in and have it done.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    So I hope I didn't goof up already and post to the wrong place! I'm Donna and I just bought a Fascinate. I had an LG Dare previously. I admit, the real reason I got the Fascinate is cause I wanted the really big screen for photos. I like it so far. I don't know how much of the fun stuff I'm gonna use, but I'll probably figure out how to post pictures to fb and then...I don't really know what else, gotta play with it for a while. It's going to help immensely to start using my home wireless instead of the phones data plan, just figured that one out. I do have a question too though. When I call home, I usually have to press the star key to bypass our answering machine. When I tried it today, I didn't get enough time to press the "keypad" button before the screen went black. Then, when I got the keypad, I could hardly get the star key pressed before it went black again. Now I'm pretty sure there's always been a way to program in a pause and then another keystroke in a phone number for situations like this, but I'd never used it and can't figure it out now. Other than that, what's the best "scanner" app out there? Thanks, Donna

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Twitter
    GalaxyForums
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    So I hope I didn't goof up already and post to the wrong place! I'm Donna and I just bought a Fascinate. I had an LG Dare previously. I admit, the real reason I got the Fascinate is cause I wanted the really big screen for photos. I like it so far. I don't know how much of the fun stuff I'm gonna use, but I'll probably figure out how to post pictures to fb and then...I don't really know what else, gotta play with it for a while. It's going to help immensely to start using my home wireless instead of the phones data plan, just figured that one out. I do have a question too though. When I call home, I usually have to press the star key to bypass our answering machine. When I tried it today, I didn't get enough time to press the "keypad" button before the screen went black. Then, when I got the keypad, I could hardly get the star key pressed before it went black again. Now I'm pretty sure there's always been a way to program in a pause and then another keystroke in a phone number for situations like this, but I'd never used it and can't figure it out now. Other than that, what's the best "scanner" app out there? Thanks, Donna
    Welcome to the forum Donna! Glad to have you with us!

When you say "scanner" app do you mean barcode scanner? If so, I use Barcode Scanner.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum Donna!
    You're going to love the camera on this phone....it rocks!
    +1 on the Barcode Scanner app. It works great.

tap'n

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, so far I do really like the camera on this phone. I was pretty disappointed with the camera on the Dare, and that's why I bought that phone. I will try the barcode scanner app. Any advise on the phone number issue? Thanks, Donna

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads