Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Need help asap.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Need help asap.

So I'm new to all this phone stuff. Ive had the phone for quite some time but I never really used it for more than talking text email etc. Anyway I'm on Verizon and I just did my update to 2.2. I can't erase pictures and my phone seems to freeze up a bit. It has even taken random screen shots of itself and stored them in my pictures. What can I do to fix this?

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosick View Post
    So I'm new to all this phone stuff. Ive had the phone for quite some time but I never really used it for more than talking text email etc. Anyway I'm on Verizon and I just did my update to 2.2. I can't erase pictures and my phone seems to freeze up a bit. It has even taken random screen shots of itself and stored them in my pictures. What can I do to fix this?
    I think you should try a factory reset. It's necessary to get everything straightened out after an update. You accomplish this by going to Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset. This is going to erase everything from your phone's internal storage. So be sure to have your contacts backed up and anything else you want to keep.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    have you backed up your data and did a factory data reset to see if that fixes the problem ? If you have done that I would go back to 2.1 stock and try the update again. That's what I had do and now I am running smoothly on 2.2.1 stock

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    damn bh your too quick lol

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    I think you should try a factory reset. It's necessary to get everything straightened out after an update. You accomplish this by going to Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset. This is going to erase everything from your phone's internal storage. So be sure to have your contacts backed up and anything else you want to keep.
    How exactly would I do this? I know my contacts are backed up because I have backup assistant.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    There are some Market apps for backing up apps, SMS/MMS etc. Really as long as your contacts are backed up then you should be fine. Pictures, music, etc are saved on your sdcard so they won't go anywhere. I'd just make sure my contacts are backed up and start fresh.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    There are some Market apps for backing up apps, SMS/MMS etc. Really as long as your contacts are backed up then you should be fine. Pictures, music, etc are saved on your sdcard so they won't go anywhere. I'd just make sure my contacts are backed up and start fresh.
    Thanks a ton. I'll give it a shot.

Remove Ads

Ads