Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Red face Greetings from Toronto Canada

Hey folks,

My name is Jim and I am new here. Like many I have the discovered the wonders of this great smartphone. Exciting, challenging and a piece of technology with a bright future. Just a few words to describe the Fascinate. I hope I can be a contributing factor to the group in the days ahead. Right now though, I am looking for some answers. happy holidays to all.

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Welcome to the forum Jim! Looking forward to your participation. We're all huge Fascinate fans here so make yourself at home!

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Hey! Welcome to the forum, Jim! (Great name, BTW.) Hope you find this to be a friendly, helpful place. Have fun exploring all the great features of your phone! (Not to mention the awesome OS that comes loaded on it.)

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Welcome to the group. We are glad you are here and look forward to your input. Just ask away with any question that you might have, there are plenty of people here that don't mind sharing what little knowledge we may have picked up along the way.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Jim:
    I actually joined Dec12, but I notice you're from Canada like me (Calgary). I'm a rank beginner, and I don't know how savvy you are, but I was informed as a helpful courtesy quite early by distinface, a senior member that:

"Welcome, Su-Chong. Just a heads up, because of the GSM radio in your device, it actually acts more like a captivate and had the misfortune of sharing it's name with a CDMA device. While we'll definitely be able to help out with general things, items related to hacking will NOT be correct for you on this forum. I don't know if you planned to hack your device or not, just saying some of the stuff here could potentially brick your phone with the wrong files. "

As I said, I don't know if you're with Telus like me, but I can see that you haven't been specifically told the above info, and maybe you don't know, so just in case, I'm passing on the info that at the time I certainly didn't know!

Remove Ads

Ads