Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

e. Just four minutes later, Brook

CHICAGO -- Kobe Bryant is riding a bike. Air Force 1 Basse Pas Cher . Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Bryant broke a bone in his left knee Dec. 17 at Memphis while playing his fourth game in five nights, likely sidelining the superstar guard for six weeks. The injury against the Grizzlies occurred in his sixth game back after he missed the start of the season while recovering from a torn left Achilles tendon. The pair of injuries for the 35-year-old Bryant raised questions about whether he would ever return to his previous form. But he said Monday night he had no doubt he would play at a similarly high level again. "There was before I came back the first time because I didnt know how my Achilles was going to respond to playing and changing directions," Bryant said before the Lakers played the Bulls in Chicago. "The game in Memphis I had a pretty good feel for it, getting back to being able to do what I normally could do. I feel confident about it. I did play that second half on a fractured leg and played pretty well. I feel pretty good about my chances." But the rehab from the knee injury has been slow going so far. The 15-time All-Star said he is limited to mostly bike work right now and any talk of a return is up in the air until he returns to the court. "Try not to think about it too much," he said. "Just go day to day." Playing without Bryant and Steve Nash, the Lakers had lost 12 of 15 heading into the game at Chicago. But Los Angeles had won two in a row since a six-game losing streak, with Nick Young and Kendall Marshall helping fuel the mini-recovery. The Lakers still face a long road back to contention in the loaded Western Conference, especially with their injury issues. Nash is out with a back problem, and the team also is missing guards Jordan Farmar (torn left hamstring), Steve Blake (torn elbow ligament) and Xavier Henry (right knee bone bruise). "It just makes it harder," coach Mike DAntoni said of playing without two of the teams biggest stars. "Youre not quite as good as you were when you had the guy. The biggest thing is how to finish games off because you know where youre going if theyre on the floor. Youve got to figure that out." Henry could return soon. He is expected to step up his rehab work when the Lakers practice Wednesday in Miami. Even with his limited action, Bryant remains one of the most popular players in the league. He had the most All-Star votes among the Western Conference guards when balloting was announced Jan. 9. The fan voting was set to close Monday night, and the starters for the Feb. 16 game in New Orleans will be announced on Thursday. "Ive always looked forward to playing in All-Star games. Its always something thats been a huge honour," Bryant said. "With that being said, I havent played. I think some of the other guys who have been out there performing and playing well and are All-Star worthy should be the ones out there playing." Bryant isnt taking anything for granted in his 18th NBA season, especially with his injury problems over the last two years. All the time on the sideline also has provided more perspective on how the game has changed since he was a rookie in the 1996-97 season. "Its much, much less physical," he said. "Some of the flagrant fouls I see called nowadays makes me nauseous. You cant touch a guy without it being a flagrant foul. I think some of that are some of the negatives Ive seen change. But theres positives, too." Nike Air Force 1 Low Soldes . You can watch the game on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt and listen to the game on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal. After starting the month of November on an 0-3-1 slide, the Canadiens have recorded wins in three of their last five outings (3-1-1). Air Force One Pas Cher .com) - Jeff Teague had 25 points, eight rebounds and seven assists as the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Milwaukee Bucks 90-85 on Saturday night. Open requires verification .Y. -- In a span of three days, Shabazz Napier and Connecticut knocked out both Philadelphia schools in the NCAA tournament.NATAL, Brazil -- Clint Dempsey scored in the first minute and rookie substitute John Brooks scored a late game winner as the U.S. defeated Ghana 2-1 Monday in the World Cup opener for both. The victory gave the Americans a measure of revenge against the tiny West African county that knocked them out of the previous two World Cups and put the U.S. and Germany on top of the Group G, with Ghana and Portugal at the bottom. Dempseys goal came on a low shot just 32 seconds into the match. Ghana dominated much the rest of the game, and Andre Ayew levelled in the 82nd minute. Just four minutes later, Brooks -- a 21-year-old who came on at halftime because Matt Besler was injured -- scored off a corner from Graham Zusi. It was the first time an American sub had ever scored in the World Cup. Dempseys goal made him the first U.S. player to score in three different World Cups and was the fastest ever scored by an American in the tournament. Dempseys goal showed the kind of technical flair seldom seen from a squad that typically scores through set pieces. Brooks game winner came in the waning minutes as the Americans were desperately trrying to survive waves of attacks from Ghana. Air Force 1 Just Do It Pas Cher. . DaMarcus Beasley, who became the first American to play in four World Cups, started the buildup to Dempseys goal with a pass to Jermaine Jones, who fed it to Dempsey inside the penalty area. With a nifty move to split defenders John Boye and Sulley Muntari, Dempsey sent the left-footed shot past goalkeeper Adam Kwarasey, where the ball bounced off the post and in. Already ahead after the game had barely started, the Americans looked well on their way to erasing eight years of frustration caused by Ghana. Ghana regrouped at halftime and the U.S. looked punchless on the attack after losing striker Jozy Altidore to an apparent hamstring injury in the 21st minute. Ghana applied relentless pressure on U.S. goalkeeper Tim Howard and finally drew even when captain Asamoah Gyan flicked a backheel pass to Ayew, who used the outside of his left foot for a powerful shot. Ghana was still pressing for a winner Brooks delivered the header. He appeared shocked to have scored, raising his hands to his head before falling to the ground to be mobbed by his teammates. ' ' '

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads