Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Syncing all calendar data between Outlook/gmail/phone

My calendar syncs between Outlook and my S2 through gmail. Most of the data gets sync both ways but occasionally is I take out an appointment in Outlook it is not removed from my phone. The syncing between Outlook and gmail seems to be okay. Is there some reason that this might be happening?
    Linda

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    The Sync between Outlook and Google Calendar sucks.

There is no more simple way to put it. They may have made improvements on their sync software, and this could hold up true today. However, about a year and a half ago, my company moved from local Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps. For the most part everything worked out great. However, their Outlook Sync plugin made working with my calendar almost impossible. I had more localized errors due to failed synchronizations that I started leaving my calendar open in Chrome on my computer and started using Mozilla Thunderbird for my mail.

As far as I know (I migrated over 3000 email accounts from our MailEnable and Microsoft Exchange, a task I wouldn't wish on anyone I like) and we all had problems using Outlook with Google Calendar.

Here are a few questions:

What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?
    Are you using Google's Sync software?

**EDIT** I did some searching and found that you might be in luck!!! I found their Google Calendar Sync software. It indeed looks like it has been updated a bit. I have it installed now on my home computer with my work email and it seems to be working so far. This is my initial test so I will have to wait and see. Here is the link for Google Calendar Sync. Close Outlook and install away!

Another issue this brings up for me is that I have to oversee 5 other technician's calendars when I am at work, and even on the weekends. Until I can find a way to get it to sync all of their calendars, at the office I still have to use the web interface, which is OK by me. I have gotten used to it.
    Last edited by grenefroggie; 07-08-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for your information. Fortunately I'm only dealing with one PC and one phone! not a whole company full of them! I'm using Outlook 2007 and yes Google Sync software. The problem does not seem to be between Google calendar and Outlook. It seems to be between the S2 and Google Calendar. For example, I deleted an appointment in Outlook and it deleted in Google Calendar but won't delete in the phone. It seems to work if I put a new appointment in the phone which then ends up in Outlook or I put a new appointment in Outlook and it will end up in the phone. It's when I'm changing appointments in Outlook to different days and times and deleting them that they don't seem to get to the phone. If you have any ideas about this part of the issue, I'd appreciate hearing about them. Thanks again. Linda

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Welcome to the forum Linda...hope you can find resolution to your problem.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    There are some known issues between Google's calendar app and GMail. I can't say for sure if this issue has been resolved or not, but here is what I have done in the past to fix the issue: Go to Settings > Apps > Calendar and Calendar Storage and hit "Clear data" on both of them. Then got to Settings > Accounts & sync and select your account. Force the account to sync and make sure your appointments show up in your calendar.

You have just been relayed a response via a Tap'n Galaxy Nexus!
    How to use Odin!

Sam Mobile and Sam Mobile Firmwares (Select you type, OS, Model and Country/Carrier)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Use "MyPhoneEXplorer" it can sync your phone with Outlook with android phone.

software download link (official):- FJ Software Development

configuration guide:- Manage Full Backup And Sync Android Phone Using Windows Computer [MyPhoneExplorer Review]

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the information. I hate to sound dense but I've tried to find the settings/apps etc as you've suggested on both my phone and in Google calendars and Gmail. I can't find a path on any of them that looks like what you've suggested. On the phone it's settings/applications/then a bunch of options none of which resemble "calendar and calendar storage". In the Google applications, settings gives me a bunch of options, none of which suggest apps or applications. Thanks. Linda

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    If you hit the Menu button, you should see Settings. When you hit settings, in the menu that comes up, you should see a section that either says Apps or Applications. When you open that, you should see tabs at the top. If you select All, it should show all of the apps installed on the phone.

Remove Ads

Ads