Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy So lost!!!Please help?!

Ok..I'm fairly new to the whole rom customizing and firmware stuff and I'm not sure what I've done to my phone...can someone please help me? I rooted my phone with ghost commander, updated through Samsung Kies to JB 4.1.2 and I thought everything was super cool running smooth until my phone battery shuts down all of a sudden and starts to automatically update something mtp or ota maybe both...I'm so lost...now my phone company has slowed my data speeds due to reaching my mobile data limit??? What does that even mean and how is that possible? Any comments would be DEEPLY Appreciated and fully responded to with quickness...Have I completely ruined my phone and how can I fix it?Boost Mobile tech support its of no help...Samsung galaxy s2 4g boost/sprint it's what I have ...thanks y'all

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Welcome to the forum. The first thing we need is some information: What is the exact model number of your phone? Galaxy S2 is a type of phone, like a Honda Accord is a type of car. What we need is the model number - look in Settings or under the battery.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckygirl810 View Post
    Ok..I'm fairly new to the whole rom customizing and firmware stuff and I'm not sure what I've done to my phone...can someone please help me? I rooted my phone with ghost commander, updated through Samsung Kies to JB 4.1.2 and I thought everything was super cool running smooth until my phone battery shuts down all of a sudden and starts to automatically update something mtp or ota maybe both...I'm so lost...now my phone company has slowed my data speeds due to reaching my mobile data limit??? What does that even mean and how is that possible? Any comments would be DEEPLY Appreciated and fully responded to with quickness...Have I completely ruined my phone and how can I fix it?Boost Mobile tech support its of no help...Samsung galaxy s2 4g boost/sprint it's what I have ...thanks y'all
    You have not completely ruined your phone. As a safe practice, never update your phone while it is rooted. You have to unroot the phone the phone before updating it usually.

You have not ruined the phone, you just need to flash the stock firmware back to it. I am not sure what that is for Boost Mobile, but you should be able to search for it. Also, backup all of your data.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Hey Kentuckygirl, here's the Google search result: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclien...w=1280&bih=601
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 04-29-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Welcome aboard!

Remove Ads