Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Amani Oruwariye Detroit Lions Jersey

2018 was an interesting season for the Detroit Lions. While the season obviously didn’t go as planned Cheap Amani Oruwariye Jersey , it was a transitional year for the team. With a new head coach, a new philosophy and a completely different scheme, we saw some players’ impact on the team lessen (Glover Quin, Jalen Reeves-Maybin), but we also saw some players come out of nowhere to make significant contributions. Today, we honor the latter category. Detroit was not short of Breakout Player of the Year candidates, so here are the 2018 nominees for the award.(Note: There were a lot of nominations for rookies that I did not count here. I didn’t include them for two reasons. One, there is a separate Rookie of the Year Award for these players. Two, “breakout” suggests breaking through a personal barrier or setting personal bests. That doesn’t really apply to players’ first years.)Romeo OkwaraOkwara didn’t even start the season with the Lions. Okwara was claimed after the Giants released him during their roster cutdown at the beginning of the regular season. It was a wildly unpopular move among Lions fans Amani Oruwariye Jersey Womens , as the team cut fan favorite Anthony Zettel to make room for him.Okwara came to Detroit with just 1.0 sack to his name and four games started in two years. He would end the season with 14 starts and a team-high 7.5 sacks. Okwara wasn’t just productive on the stat sheet, but he was an incredibly reliable player—finishing the season by playing in 716 defensive snaps (72.7%), over 250 more snaps than any other defensive lineman. Devon KennardKennard was Detroit’s “splash” signing in free agency in 2018. His statistical output with the Giants before his time in Detroit was underwhelming—just 9.5 sacks in four years and had never started more than 11 games in a season.However, Kennard was a key piece of the Lions defense. As the stand-up edge setter on the left side of the defense, Kennard was probably the most consistent pass rusher the Lions had, and he finished with a career-high 7.0 sacks. Kenny Golladay(You may want to hit that mute button)We all saw the potential in Kenny Golladay in his rookie year. From the very first game of his career, it was obvious the lanky wide receiver was capable of eye-popping plays. But injuries and limited opportunities caused him to just produce 477 yards and three touchdowns all year.Entering 2018 as a full starter, Golladay essentially doubled his output, both in stats and highlights. 1 Amani Oruwariye Detroit Lions Jersey ,063 receiving yards and five touchdowns later, and we’re talking about Golladay potentially assuming WR1 duties in 2019. Though Golladay occasionally struggled down the stretch when injuries and trades forced him into that No. 1 role, he still looked on his way to making that jump.A’Shawn RobinsonA year ago, we were talking about how A’Shawn Robinson may have been doomed by the Lions’ second-round pick curse. Robinson was sure to make the team, but questions were whether he’d ever live up to his draft stock and whether he’d ever even be a starter. Those worries were only exacerbated when Robinson was a Week 1 scratch, despite being healthy.But Robinson very quickly changed the narrative of his career once he got back in the game. Robinson became a stud run defender, even before Detroit added Damon Harrison Sr. And when the two were paired up, the Lions suddenly emerged as one of the best run-stuffing defenses in the league.Graham GlasgowWhen the Lions drafted Frank Ragnow, Graham Glasgow’s future was unclear. Would Ragnow stay at center and move Glasgow out? Would Ragnow move to guard? Were the Lions unhappy with Glasgow and already preparing for his replacement?Glasgow responded by having his best season to date Amani Oruwariye Jersey 2019 , and for the second straight year, he nearly played in every single snap. After literally not missing a single play in 2017, Glasgow only missed one snap last year. According to PFF, Glasgow was the 15th ranked center in the league and sixth in run blocking.Ndamukong Suh reflects on time with Lions, ‘villain’ image SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH.That’s right, I’ve got a little fun update about our old friend Nadamina.. Ndmamniakong... Ndakonasdfghjkl;... Ndamukong Suh.A Lion from 2010-14 after Detroit selected him No. 2 overall in the 2010 draft, Suh recently had a fun interview on sports comedy/satire podcast Pardon My Take, where they discussed how he’s often painted as a villain, and his time with the Lions.First Amani Oruwariye Jersey Womens , the PMT boys mentioned his bad boy reputation, particularly for incidents during back-to-back Thanksgiving games. In 2011, Suh appeared to have stomped on former Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith. Suh issued an apology but was suspended for two games and forfeited his pay. They’re also probably talking about the 2012 game, when Suh appeared to purposely kick former Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub right in the groin.I wouldn’t know, but that appears painful.The PMT boys asked Suh if it’s fair that that he’s still got a bit of that reputation even though he hasn’t been fined since 2014.“I’ve always looked at it as a standpoint as there’s always gotta be a villain and there’s always gotta be the pretty boy. So at the end of the day for a time and period I had been that villain because of my physical God-given talent and how physical I played. So I took as a badge of honor,” he said, adding people will have their own opinions but he’s still out there making plays. They then reference the December 2014 game against the Packers where Suh is seen stepping on quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ ankle. PLAY THE TAPE!“If you go back and look at the play I was actually tussling with one of his offensive linemen, who pushed me and I stepped back,” Suh said. “If you really look at the situation Youth Amani Oruwariye Jersey , it was really his O lineman’s fault and that’s their job—to protect him—so they didn’t protect him.”Suh said he didn’t know Rodgers was there. “That’s his fault. He was in the way. I went about my play.”As for former head coach Jim Caldwell, Suh said his firing was “a funny situation.”“I’m a huge fan of him. I had a tremendous year under him, so a little mind boggling with that situation,” he said.And finally PMT asked him if it stunk playing on Thanksgiving.“Outside of the great people there, playing on Thanksgiving was blast. Outside of having an opp to be on national television we had a great 4-day weekend,” he said.Now a Los Angeles Ram, Suh and his crew will head to Ford Field to play the Lions on Dec. 2.

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads