Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times

Which Bluetooth headset do you use?

Most of my vehicles have had a manual transmission and anyone that drives a stick can tell you it's next to impossible to use your phone and drive at the same time. I bought my first Bluetooth headset a little over 4 years ago and it still works great to this day. I've used it with my last three cell phones and haven't had a problem pairing it with any of them. Surprisingly, it still holds a great charge. I can usually go almost a full week before recharging it, but thats with light to moderate use. Personally I think everyone should use some type of bluetooth device while driving. Whether it be an earpiece or through your vehicles stereo, I think it's so much easier AND much more safe to talk on the phone then it is trying to hold a phone to your ear while you drive. I usually only use mine while driving but sometimes I'll use it while I'm at home and need both hands free say if I'm working on my car, cooking, etc. it really comes in handy. I'm not however one of those people that keeps it stuck in my ear when I'm not using it....I've always found that to be rather tacky. (but thats just me....to each his own! )
    Although my Bluetooth still works great, I've been thinking of upgrading and getting something a little more sleek and with better noise cancelling features. I currently use a Motorola H500. What Bluetooth device do you use? Are you happy with the quality of your device and does it work well in windy/noisy conditions? Would you recommend your device to others?
    Thanks!

I forgot to mention, I also have a bluetooth earpiece that attaches to my Oakley sunglasses. I don't use it as often because it doesn't work as well as my Motorola, but it comes in handy sometimes.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Picked up a Jawbone Icon (Hero). Works great. Cancels wind noise and volume is great. If you use the jawbone feature there is no wind noise whatsoever but I'm told my voice sounds a little funny when I use that mode. I formerly had a Samsung WEP 500 and it was a POS. That old motorola roach still works ok but has wind noise.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    I'm currently using a Plantronics Voyager Pro. It may look old-school, but the call clarity is great and background noise reduction is AWESOME! I used it in my old car (RIP, Ginger) with the sunroof open and my GF heard no interference on her end. Oh yeah, battery life rocks, too.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm using one of the best headsets on the market - the Blueant Z9i. The sound quality is fantastic and its low profile and very light weight let you forget you're even wearing it! I can't believe how quickly it pairs to my Fascinate; it connects within 5 seconds every time after turning it on! I've been using it with several phones now and it's a fantastic little headset.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    wow that little blueant comes in red pricey little bugger.. but
    i put it on my wish list on Amazon
    sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Jawbone Icon so far is the BEST that I have ever used, on both ends hearing and transmitting.
    I have used the previous Jawbone, BlueAnt Plantronics, Moto H500, Cardo devices, and well I already said it the Icon is the best Hands Down.
    --

JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    That Z9i is definitely a nice lookin bluetooth device....
    Any other new bluetooth suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It is not a headset but I use the BlueAnt S4 in my car. It is a bluetooth speakerphone. Works great, you use the Android app from the market to set it up, easy as can be.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    328 times
    Nice. I haven't tried an in-car type bluetooth yet. Does it come through your stereo speakers and if so, does your device automatically lower the volume of your stereo when a call comes through or do you have to crank up the volume on your phone and hope your jams don't drown out the call?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    No it doesn't work through the car stereo, it has a speaker built in. My car has volume control on steering wheel so I just hit the button to cut down the volume. The bluetooth unit itself asks if you want to answer or ignore the call and you just tell it to answer and it picks up the call. Also works playing audio from phone, so it reads text msgs when they come in. And I use it to play my audiobooks when I want to listen to one of them. Will also play music, but that seems kind of pointless, use car stereo instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads