Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: newbe

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Angry newbe

I have the z4root and have been trying to get 2.2 android but without success. I get it to reboot and the android comes up with the questions 1.reboot system now 2.apply sdcard;update.zip and 2 others. In the video it says to pick the 2nd one down and I guess hit the home button? The droid comes up with a triangle with an Exclamation mark in side it, and Just stops. Am I doing something wrong? would like to get 2.2 but having a hard time. Help! The Droids ar'nt comming. LOL

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Welcome to the forum! Please follow the steps in this post. Even though you're already rooted, please work through all the steps. (It won't hurt anything to root again.) It'll be worth it when you're rockin' Froyo.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    As Muji said go through all the steps from the beginning. What this error msg is telling you is that you a) didn't download the update.zip file and place in the root of your sd card or b) your download was corrupted. Either way, starting over from the beginning should get you on track.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hey muji i never even thought of this, but to odin the froyo package with root and cwm, do you even have to be rooted? I know it sounds dumb of me but it just never occured to me

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    That's an all in one package. Root is part of the process.

Tapatalk'd

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thought so

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am wondering if my phone will not be able to be upgraded to the droid 2.2 I have tried z4root both 1 button and the one with temp and perm. Also mini keis but it said that it could not be upgraded. I dont understand why but if anyone can tell me why this is happening and if there is anything I can do to upgrade that would be relly nice.

Remove Ads

Ads