Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

E-MAIL Fascinate VS Blackberry

I am a long time BlackBerry user who is taking the leap of faith by switching to the Fascinate. I have not received my Fascinate yet as I have ordered it through customer service with Verizon.

Can anyone please explain to me how well the e-mail works.

1) How long does it take to receive an e-mail. As we all know Blackberry is VERY strong in this area.

2) Can I have more than one type of e-mail account active in the Fascinate?

Thanks for the info!!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I too moved to the Fascinate from a BB (Storm). So far with the fascinate I have been pleased overall. I currently have 1 Exchange account, 3 Yahoo addresses, and 1 Gmail account which are running on my phone. I use the exchange account the most due to work and all emails, calendar events, contact sync flawlessly within seconds of adding or making a change on either the phone or pc. Gmail emails have also performed well for me but I do not use that account very much. The part I have had trouble with is Yahoo accounts. Currently, these accounts do not automatically sync and do not receive automatic notifications when an email is received, instead I have to open the account on my phone, it will then refresh and pull in all the emails since the last time I opened the account. I have tinkered with the different setting for these accounts and still have not been successful. I have also looked around several different locations and from the other reports I have been reading, this is a common occurrence with other users at the present time. However, Samsung is suppose to correct this with their next relase. In addition, I have heard other complaints about users only being able to have 1 exchange account on this phone. I have not experienced this personally however, as I only have the 1. Hope this helps. God Bless!

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Hey, welcome to the forums! I'm a former BB user myself. I have not had any issues w/ emails on the Fascinate. All my emails have come through on the handheld in less than 30 seconds after hitting the servers. Granted, the only accounts I'm syncing w/ are Gmail, and Android integration w/ Gmail is seamless as far as I can tell.

Just as w/ BlackBerry, I would presume there would be at least a little lag syncing w/ other email services. Maybe other users could shed some light on how non-Google email is handled? Oh, to answer your second question ... yes, you can configure multiple accounts on the Fascinate.

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Ha! You beat me to the punch AGAIN, lonzom!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    MethinkS bb will miss you but you won't reciprocate!
    verizon user since 2001: kyocera 6035, samsung i300, treo 600p, treo 700p, htc eris droid, motorola droid x, samsung fascinate droid (since 2010-09-11)

Member #
    Liked
    542 times
    Quote Originally Posted by webjuju View Post
    MethinkS bb will miss you but you won't reciprocate!
    Amen to that!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same here after eight years using BB. The Storm is what broke the camels back when Verizon failed to update after its initial release. They only provided one update to quiet the community as the BB was a prototype that was not ready for prime time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    came from a blackberry, used email on it for work quite a lot. Now have my fascinate synced with my work email account and gmail account, both work flawlessly and receive emails ASAP. also have microsoft work outlook calender synced with it so I can maintain work calendar while on the go. I haven't looked back, i haven't noticed anythign better about my blackberry and its email capabilities vs the fascinate.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I am not alone lol i took that leap of faith last week just wandered into the Verizion store.. My grand daughter was due for an upgrade then i saw the Fascinate in the sales guy hand.. Love at first site.. I said i want
    that one for ME... I put my BB Tour in a drawer and here i am.. I am glad to hear that so many of you are
    happy with it..I downloaded the Dolphin HD app and get my Google from there..
    I created a gmail just for the Fascinate.. i will have to try it to see how fast it works..
    sent from my Samsung Fascinate

Remove Ads

Ads