Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Time for 20 ?'s (not really 20, I promise)

Now that I've figured out this forum displays infinitely better in Firefox than it does in IE9 (old habits are hard to break), I am now ready to get my feet wet.

1. I've placed different files on the root of my sd card. Take for example "Evil_Fascination_v3.5.1_Full.zip" After I've installed it, and if I don't plan on flashing my phone with it, is it (and other .zip files I don't plan on using) safe to delete?

2. I've installed "Crysis_circle_3.3.zip," but there's also "Crysis_apps.zip" and "Ubuntu_fonts.zip" available to download under "Extras" on
    their website. Now do these "Extras" install in the same fashion as installing a ROM or a theme? If not, how do I apply Ubuntu_fonts as the default font, or any other fonts I come across for that matter?

3. (Saved for future ?)

4. (refer to #3)

5. (you get the idea hehe)

2. Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    So you've already rooted and flashed EF? You'll want to leave the .zip file of whichever ROM you're running on your sdcard. I have a a folder named "ROMs" on my sdcard with my current and I think a couple others. Reason being that some errors you may encounter down the road can be remedied by booting into CWMR and flashing the ROM again.

You would change your font under Settings>Display settings>Font style. Any of the "extras" or "patches" are simply flashed via CWMR the way you flashed the ROM. They do not normally require wipes of any kind, though. Just flash and reboot.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    mmk gotcha. thanks

Edit:

3. What does "Edify" mean?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Up until the last few weeks, developers released ROMs and components in "amend" scripting, which was flashed in Clockwork 2.5. Recently they've switched to "edify" scripting, which is flashed in Clockwork 3.0. The older 2.5 can flash some things that are edify scripted too, it just might not always work properly. There is virtually no difference for us, only in which version of recovery we use. The difference is on the developer end. Depending on what root method you followed, it may be advisable for you to upgrade your Clockwork Recovery to the newer 3.0.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah interesting. I rooted my phone and installed evil fascination last night - I believe I got the latest version of clockwork.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fourshakes View Post
    Ah interesting. I rooted my phone and installed evil fascination last night - I believe I got the latest version of clockwork.
    Right...the kernel that comes with EF flashes Clockwork 3.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Pretty cool post. It’s really very nice and useful post. Keep it up!! 300-501

Remove Ads

Ads