Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery life

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Battery life

Is anybody else experiencing TERRIBLE battery life? I turned my screen down to below 50% - and from texting I lose about 70% charge in 2 hours. This didn't happen with my droid1 or droid2. Anybody know what the problem may be?

I installed launcher pro, too.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My battery life seems to be amazing so far. I turned up the brightness all the way as soon as I got it yesterday at 1pm. I charged it and it was done charging by 3pm. I've been using it almost non-stop (minus sleep 6 hrs) since 3pm yesterday and it's still at 100%. My Droid 1 would have run out of battery with as much as I've used this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with mdroid... I've been using mine a lot since 6pm yesterday and the battery has performed extremely well. Very pleased thus far!

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've also been very happy with the battery life. I was prepared for it to be a lot worse. I don't think I've seen it below 50% (and as you can imagine, I've been messing with the phone a LOT).

Yesterday I charged up the phone and then went for a 30-40 minute walk, streaming podcasts and Pandora music the whole way. When I got back the battery gauge had not budged at all.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I wonder what the problem is with my phone then. Anybody have any guesses?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow. I just lost 8% charge in the past 10 minute of useage. Ughghhggggghhhh.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alemondemon View Post
    I wonder what the problem is with my phone then. Anybody have any guesses?
    Let the battery die completely. when you charge it make sure you let the charge fully complete before disconnecting the charger. You might need to do that a couple times.

You might also just have a defective battery. Verizon is usually pretty good at replacing a bad battery on the spot. Especially on a brand new phone. Might be worth it to just stop in the store and see if you can get a new battery.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    recieved mine around noon and pounded the hell out of it for 2+ hours all on the "out of box" charge. It did go down fast. Mind you i did everything, pics, wifi, downloaded apps, calls, and texts. Have it on the charger now and will report back.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Check your GPS settings. I was going through my battery like crazy yesterday, before I went to bed I disabled GPS, woke up with 100% charge, and have been on it a lot today and I'm only down to 60% after 9 hours of off and on use...

Any app that uses your location (ie weatherbug etc...) May be having a hard time fixing on your location (GPS issue with the Galaxy S's). Anyway, I've been pleasantly surprised with the battery today with the GPS disabled, it's beating my D1 hands down.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I received mine yesterday around 1PM it had some charge to it so i used it and played with it until around 8PM it asked to be plugged in. So far I think it has great batt life compared to my Droid1 which i had to charge twice a day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads