Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times

Getting slightly confused on baseband....stuff

Ok...I have tried a few different roms...screwed up a few times...and cannot find a straight answer anywhere in my search hell.

I have EA28...what is El01, 05, 09...are any of them the same as EA28...and what roms can I use with EA28. If non...how to I get the others. *scratches head and twitches*

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I know you can use dj05 roms with ea28 baseband...I had super clean with the stupidfast kernel and it would haul ass

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    DJ05, DL09 and EA28 are all Eclair (Android 2.1) basebands. EA28 is the current "official" one from Verizon. EB01 is the leaked Froyo baseband that is thought to be the same as the "official" version that will be released by Verizon. If you're rooted, you might as well upgrade to EB01. There are a couple of ROMs available for it now.

Tapatalk'd

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    Cool, k...that does clear it up. I am running super clean and an overclocked kernal and it is crazy fast. Will be making the jump to 2.2 soonish...I generally do all my phone breaking on the weekend when I have time and don't need it for work as much. :P

Side question...my gmail is not syncing automatically. Calendar and contacts do...email I have to go in and refrresh to get new mail. The box is checked for sync. I have K9 mail on my phone and turned the notification on and my gmail does push right through using that. So, it is my gmail I am thinking.

Anyone ever hear of this happening? I restored to previous and gmail worked...put the rom back on and same issue. Still getting my gmail alerts cause of k9...more a curiosity.

Have a good day, cheers!

Member #
    Liked
    549 times
    Try going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications and clear the Gmail cache and/or data. That should reset the app and mail will re-sync if it needs to.

Tapatalk'd

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyfunlove View Post
    Cool, k...that does clear it up. I am running super clean and an overclocked kernal and it is crazy fast. Will be making the jump to 2.2 soonish...I generally do all my phone breaking on the weekend when I have time and don't need it for work as much. :P

Side question...my gmail is not syncing automatically. Calendar and contacts do...email I have to go in and refrresh to get new mail. The box is checked for sync. I have K9 mail on my phone and turned the notification on and my gmail does push right through using that. So, it is my gmail I am thinking.

Anyone ever hear of this happening? I restored to previous and gmail worked...put the rom back on and same issue. Still getting my gmail alerts cause of k9...more a curiosity.

Have a good day, cheers!

I had the same problem with a DL30 (2.2) rom. I don't use any email often enough for it to bother me so I just left it alone. Switching over to EB01 fixed the problem, nonetheless.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    Try going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications and clear the Gmail cache and/or data. That should reset the app and mail will re-sync if it needs to.

Tapatalk'd
    Tried that...remembered that being an issue with my droid once. Still nuthin. Will try it again later though. It obviously is that program because K9 pushes fine.

Remove Ads

Ads