Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Fascinate Video Thread... Let's see them!

I saw where some of you had commented on the Video capabilities of your new Fascinates. So figured why not start a new thread for everyone to share what they have been able to shoot so far. If you have taken videos with your new Fascinate, please post them here. Also, feel free to share any suggestions for modifications to video settings on the phone that may help others when filming.

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

2. Ads

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    I need to pick up a micro USB cable tonight so I can download my vids to my laptop. I shot a 1 minute video last night in 720HD mode and the size of the file is 83.93 MB. Yikes!

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    ok, I feel stupid now! Just realized the power cord that comes with the phone actually unplugs from the ac outlet plug and can be plugged into a usb port on your pc. DOH! The problem I'm having now, from what I can understand, to copy files to your pc from your phone, the files have to be on the sd card. How do I transfer pictures and video I already have on my phone to the micro sd card.
    Any ideas?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    ok, I feel stupid now! Just realized the power cord that comes with the phone actually unplugs from the ac outlet plug and can be plugged into a usb port on your pc. DOH! The problem I'm having now, from what I can understand, to copy files to your pc from your phone, the files have to be on the sd card. How do I transfer pictures and video I already have on my phone to the micro sd card.
    Any ideas?
    I was going to say "why didnt yours come with one"

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    Even with the cable hooked up to my pc, my pc wasn't recognizing my Fascinate. Evidently others have run into this problem as well and Samsung has a fix for it. Go here to download Samsungs USB driver for the Fascinate.
    Samsung
    I just downloaded it and my pc now recognizes my phone. You have to go into the USB settings on your phone and click ok to "mount". Now your phone can either sync the media files from your pc to your phone or you can transfer files from your phones micro sd card to your pc. I still can't figure out how to save files already on my phone to the micro sd card. I'm searching for a fix though and will update if I find one.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    There's a great free program that will convert your .3gp & .mp4 videos (audio too) to any format you want. Windows media, Mov, Mpg & more. Convert Your Songs & Videos into the Formats you Need!
    When you shoot a video on your Fascinate in the MMS format it will come up with a .3gp extension and shooting in HiDef will come up with an .mp4 extension. Here's an .mp4 I converted to wmv file. (weird thing is, converting mp4 to wmv doubles the size of the file, not sure why)

Well, scratch that idea. This site doesn't allow you to upload videos in any format.
    Moderators: do we have another option?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Moderators: do we have another option?
    Upload to Youtube and then link to the video here?

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My Bad. This video was not shot in 720p - it was much smaller. I will try and get a better one later.
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I see this thread is nearly a month old and no one has uploaded a 720p video yet. I'll shoot a little test one on my way home from work in a few hours.

CR6
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    I finally signed up for a YouTube account so I can post videos.
    Here are a couple of HD videos I shot around town last week. One is a video of the waterfall in downtown Idaho Falls and the other is a video of a fountain a couple miles away that have two large bronze eagles on top. It's a pretty cool fountain; I posted a panoramic pic of this fountain in the picture thread. Make sure to change the default from 360p to 720p before watching the video. Aside from the shaking, the picture quality is pretty good on the Fascinate.

Has anyone else noticed how shaky your videos turn out when shooting in HD? Even with the anti-shake feature turned on and trying to hold the camera as still as possible, it ends up looking like a crackhead jonesing for a fix shot these videos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads