Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Samsung Fascinate Camera... Panoramic Setting.

So my oldest son and I spent the Sunday afternoon driving through the mountains after church. We had a great time and I had an opportunity to take the camera on the Fascinate for a little test drive. All in all the camera performed very well. I got to take some very nice shots in different locations The one thing I found that I really liked though was the panoramic setting on the camera. It took me a little while to figure out exactly how to use it but once I did, I realized that Samsung had done a very cool thing. By setting the camera for Panoramic, I was able to take up to 8 photos in succession and the phone automatically stitched them together when I was finished and made a rather nice looking panoramic picture. The cool part was I only had to press the camera button two times.

Basically, you place the phone in the Panoramic setting, start your picture from left side of what you want to shoot, press the camera button... the phone will then display a green line to indicate where you need to move the camera too in order to get the next picture in your sequence. You continue to move the phone until you are finished or you have taken 8 photos and then hit the camera button again. The phone then takes all of the images you shot and pulls them together. I wasn't very good at taking the pics as I was just learning how to do it but overall I was very surprised and pleased with the power of this tool on the phone. It's kind of hard to explain... I'm sure I didnt do the best job. The best thing I can suggest is to try it out for yourself and see what you think. You can see some pics from our trip (including a couple of Panoramics) by going to the link below.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff485/lonzom10/Sep%2019%202010%20Mountain%20Trip/

The Search Feature is your friend...

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am finding out that in the sunlight this camera is on par with those "8 MP" cameras on the x and inc.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    That's so cool! Thanks!
    verizon user since 2001: kyocera 6035, samsung i300, treo 600p, treo 700p, htc eris droid, motorola droid x, samsung fascinate droid (since 2010-09-11)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Very nice pics. I tried using the panoramic option the other day, but after taking the 8 pics it tried to stich them together but I got an error. Probably something I did wrong or didnt line up the green lines correctly or something.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I can not find the panoramic setting
    1st Droid was in November 2009 HTC Eris, other than it having a horrible battery, constantly bogging down, not allowing me to call or receive calls at random times, I loved it!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    When you open the camera, there is a box in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Tap the box and your camera options appear. Select the option that says Panorama. Hope this helps!

If you read a helpful post, be sure to click the "Thanks" button on that post to show you appreciated it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That is pretty cool. Only problem I see is there is a blurred line where the photos are stitched together. I noticed it on my camera also. Picassa will also stitch together photos for panoramas and does an excellent job.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I noticed the blurs as well... I thought that might be from me moving the camera too quickly between shots. I tested this theory in the office by moving the camera much slower and it seemed to help. Still not perfect but a cool feature never the less.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I absolutely LOVE this one.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have tried using it but alot of times the images are blurry, is there a way to move the camera to the green box then stay still for it to take the shot? When i do it right now as soon as i move it to the spot it takes the picture before i can stop and steady the shot.

Ads