Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Sharing a calendar?

I know some calendar apps sync with google calendar. Right now i have jorte which i think does. Is it possible for me and my wife to share a calendar or update each others events. If I create a shared gmail account/address and we both have the same calendar app. could i put something on my calendar,via my phone, and it sync with google calendar and in turn sync with the calendar on her phone and vise versa?

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    I share my girlfriends calendar through gmail. She can see mine, I hers. You have to go into your gmail account and give permission to share (putting in other persons gmail account).

Just do not put down "pick up bracelet" as she will see it and the surprise is ruined. *sigh*

EDIT: The settings you need you have to access through a computer and the gmail through google.
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    When in gmail on your computer, select calendar...then at your left there is a "my calendars" under hit add. It will guide you through it.

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Not sure if that is what i'm trying to do. Sounds like you still have to log into google and manually check her calendar for updates, or does it post new events in your calendar app, or stock calendar on your phone?

I'm looking for one stop shopping to share our info.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Oh no...once you OK it, it is color coded in your calendar on your phone. You can go in and set the colors you want them to be so you can keep things separate. But all syncs to the phone as well..just the option settings need to be done on the ol computer.

99.97% Success Rate

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Perfect!! May I ask which calendar you are using on your phone to accomplish this, and is your girlfriend using the same?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    I am using the factory issued calendar. My GF has an HTC hero and is using that stock calendar. Really all comes down to the hub which is google. Let me know if you have any issues setting that up. That is why it is important to go through google on the computer to tell it what you want. Then when it syncs it picks up the main setting and not application setting (which can differ from device to device).

99.97% Success Rate

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the help. Set it up last night and is working fine with stock calendar. My jorte calendar wouldn't auto update. I had to manually import data from google. Maybe just not doing it right, but not a big deal. I do have one issue, when my browser opens I get a pop-up "You are trying to use the desktop version of Google Calendar from a mobile browser. Some features my not work correctly. Would you like to use the mobile version instead?" I press ok and it just keeps popping up so I am forced to press cancel.

Attachment 481
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Do you have that as your homescreen when opening your browser? If not, go into setting>applications>manage aps>browser>clear data.

See if that stops it.

99.97% Success Rate

Remove Ads

Ads