Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times

Anyone else have GPS drops?

Hey guys - just thought I'd throw this one out there. For about 4 weeks now this has been consistent on CommRom and even a few times on MIUIwiz. I use navigation all the time, and with both of those ROMs my GPS would lose connection (while running both google nav and waze apps) for about 30 seconds and come back. Happened randomly but frequently. I've primarily been using the OTB kernels. However, on EF, I never have that problem, even when using the OTB kernels. Without turning it into a full blown experiment. I just think it's strange - I'm back on EF now, this time using the pbj kernel, so we'll see if it holds true.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced that... Perhaps just another random quirk!

2. Ads

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    I do not get the dropping...I do always have issues finding a signal when I really really need it...lol If I do not need it, it locks on fast. Murphy's Law kinda thing. I did a * something or other to improve my antena / signal per suggestion of the verizon rep. Was hoping that would fix my random 1x signal. It did help a bit...
    I cut corners till I break it.
    If I help you break it, I will help you fix it...promise!

99.97% Success Rate
    Devices I have hacked, modded and owned: Original Droid / DX / Fascinate / Charge / TBolt / Razr / Gnex / Xoom / Kindle Fire

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Umm, what is this said "something or other"... Raised my curiosity.

Tappin'
    Moto Droid | Fascinate | GTab | Charge | GNex ...
    Humorist, gadget geek, and lover of all things bacon.
    Ignore my screen name, call me Jeff!

Remove Ads

Ads