Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Unhappy Leaving the fascinate...sorry guys

So...the missed call thing is something I have just been dealing with but it has always left a bad taste in my mouth. I would miss voice mail notifications as well and not get them until I re checked(it would say one new voice mail when I would have 4). I have been getting complaints from band members, my mother, and my girlfriend that calls have not been going through. I have been able to deal with this since the awesomeness of CM7 came to the Fascinate but I can't anymore.

It's not bad(maybe one call a day...sometimes two)but I need this as a phone first. I have also had USB issues with my 3 previous phones(currently on my 4th)and just started having more. My USB won't connect to mass storage every time. It takes maybe 2 or 3 tries. Also a few days ago I made a post on here saying my phone wouldn't charge and have just been worried that my USB connection is going to give out on me again.

I love this phone and am really excited about all the new dev work going on but I have been reading up about people getting free upgrades to the Charge. I just called verizon and it will be here tomorrow.

I love this forum and will still pop in from time to time. Bummer that this has to happen when CM7 and OMFGB are finally starting to get nighties. I will be moving over to the Galaxy S II once it drops on Verizon(this did not use my upgrade)so hopefully I will see some of you guys soon on another forum.

Thanks to everyone here who helped me out with the first week or so of owning this phone and being patient with me and always answering my questions(no matter who dumb )in a timely matter. Without this forum I would probably still be on 2.1 eclair and touchwiz.

Take care everyone and hope to see some of you down the road!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    Good luck with the Charge, bob.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    Good luck with the Charge, bob.
    Thanks man...i looovvvee this phone. I just wish i wouldnt have to switch out phones every 3 weeks. I wont be on the charge for long. I will definitely be upgrading to the sgs2 when it is released so i hppe to se some of you guys over there.

CM7/Glitch ML 1.5ghz/Steel Blue tapatalkin

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well. Atleast you are still on samsung! Can't say if it is good or bad... lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Devices I have: LG Vortex<(VZW/Unlocked), Samsung fascinate(VZW/Unlocked), droid X(VZW)/EvDO), and Samsung Galaxy S3 (VZW/LTE)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jun991013 View Post
    Well. Atleast you are still on samsung! Can't say if it is good or bad... lol

I know...but i did not want an inc2 or x. I have tried both and would rather stick with something i am familiar with. I am really sad about this because i love this phone...i know the Charge rooted with GB wont even come close to cm7+glitch on this phone. I just cant stay with a phone that has given me this many problems.

I still plan on upgrading to the sgs2 when it is released on verizon so hopefully i will see some of you guys there.

Also to new fascinate users do not let this post scare you. The Fascinate is an AWESOME phone. I cannot see the Charge coming anywhere near what my phone is for quite some time. Some people just have bad luck with them and i am one of them.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthesalesclerk View Post
    I know...but i did not want an inc2 or x. I have tried both and would rather stick with something i am familiar with. I am really sad about this because i love this phone...i know the Charge rooted with GB wont even come close to cm7+glitch on this phone. I just cant stay with a phone that has given me this many problems.

I still plan on upgrading to the sgs2 when it is released on verizon so hopefully i will see some of you guys there.

Also to new fascinate users do not let this post scare you. The Fascinate is an AWESOME phone. I cannot see the Charge coming anywhere near what my phone is for quite some time. Some people just have bad luck with them and i am one of them.

How about the droid 3 or the 2 the two is now 49 bucks. Cpo.

Devices I have: LG Vortex<(VZW/Unlocked), Samsung fascinate(VZW/Unlocked), droid X(VZW)/EvDO), and Samsung Galaxy S3 (VZW/LTE)

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I hope you will still stop in from time-to-time. I've enjoyed and benefited from the knowledge you brought to the board and you have added a lot to the threads you have participated in.

I'm in a similar position. I'm having trouble getting any ROM to work right except Stock and even that has a few glitches.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well i am sad to say i also have left my fascinate as it was really at a time that there were some good stuff going on. I was loving it running CM7 and then OMFGB with glitch kernel. But like bob said i was having issues with dropped calls, missed calls, phone in safe mode, random reboots all kinds of crap. So when i called VZW they offered me a x2, dinc2 or charge and i went into store and everyone there said get the charge so i did. Funny while i was in there 4 woman came in and were having similiar issues with fassy so they all got new phones. My main thing to say here is you all made me welcome and were always there to help so i will still come in here to say what's up. I swear i know we all will end up on some phone again and we all can help each other out but in the meantime i have been reading the charge forum on xda and also signed up on the droidforums the sister to this. I want to especially thank Muji as he was the first person to help me out and i think i have come along way from that first time i tried or thought about root. Thanks everyone you all are amazing people!!!!! tapatalk to you soon

Member #
    Liked
    548 times
    Really sorry to see you leave the Fascinate, fitti. But I totally understand why you need to make the switch. I just can't understand how a phone with such great specs could be sidelined and left to rot by both the manufacturer & the carrier. Makes absolutely no sense. That's why I'm SO thankful for our development community! They, at least, understand the true potential of this phone.

Hope you enjoy your new Charge! I'm sure Verizon won't screw that phone like they did the Fascinate, simply because it bears the Droid branding. In addition to DF, check out ChargeForums (another sister site).

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Attachment 572
    Well guys, sorry to see you go.... wait, I'm gone too.... kind of...
    I'm jealous. I was getting the Charge, had it ready for me to pickup. I could not pick up until the following day though...bad move. ED04 came out. I went to pick up my new phone and it was pulled. After some calling I finally ended up with the DInc2. It's a good phone so far, but the TW style worked with me better.

Good luck guys and I'll look for you down the road some.

Attachment 573
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DejaVu

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads