Register

Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

My fascinate was stolen

So, I do deliveries, and my phone is always in my car as the GPS is a MUST. Well, tonight, the unfortunate happened. GOt in my car, about to head home from my shift, when my stereo popped up and said failed to connect with bluetooth device. "Uh oh, i must've left my phone at work, wonder why i brought it out of my car..." Turned around, a block down the road, no such luck pairing while in the parking lot next to the small office building. "maybe it just doesn't reach this far" went inside and searched everywhere. No luck. had another employee call it form his cell. "Welcome to verizon wireless..." he hung up and tried again, same message. Third time it went to voicemail. So, i called verizon, they suspended my line, and added the ESN to the stolen list.

Well, now I am without a phone in a critical position where one is needed. Maybe I can get by for a few days without, but will slow me down alot, and my preformance based pay will be docked massively. Question is, what phone should I be looking at? I still have my upgrade eligibility, but instead of $100 credit which I earned on a more expensive plan, I only have $30. So, verizon has screwed me over. Also to find out, i have not been paying insurance all this time, when I never requested for it to be removed.

What phones should I be looking at? any new changes to verizons policies/pricing that I should watch out for?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Sorry to hear about that.

I'm getting a Charge in a few days mainly because it is Samsung/Touchwiz with a larger screen and 4g and it is a warranty replacement. I'm really not up on all the phones that are available right now.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Tough luck, sorry about it.

Do you have any old smart phones? Blackberry or something even. Just something to keep your unlimited data package intact. The thing is, none of the phones available right now are worth the upgrade or the cost if the SGS2 really is only a few weeks away.

I guess you would have a 30 day window for returning it if the SGS2 does come out within a month's time.
    Last edited by bhfd64; 07-30-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Sorry to hear that shill!
    Bummer about the insurance as well. If you had the insurance when you bought your phone and you didn't cancel, i would definitely fight Verizon on that one and make them replace it. Of course they will have a record of it if you did call them and cancel it. That wont be hard for them to look up. Its a mistake on their part and is up to them to replace your phone.
    If you did cancel it and just forgot, then you're stuck!

I can't really recommend a replacement, but you can't go wrong with any of the newer models; Charge, Incredible2, Thunderbolt, Droid x2, etc. but as bh mentioned, it may be worth holding out for the SGS2 if you've got an old cellphone you can use for now.

Another tip when you do get a new phone would be to download an app that will track it if its ever lost or stolen again. There are plenty of them on the Market so do look into it when you get a chance. Personally I use Lookout for its multi-purpose features. It scans all apps and files you download for viruses & malware and the best part is, if you ever lose it or it gets stolen, you can pin point its exact location on Google maps and then have it activate a loud alarm that can't be turned off except by you. (Giving you time to hear/find your phone & bust the punks that stole it. With the help of the police of course! ) And thats just the free version. The paid version gives you all those features and allows you to remotely lock your phone and wipe its data.

Of course their are other apps you can check out that will do the same, just letting you know what I use.
    Good luck and let us know how you make out!

tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 07-30-2011 at 11:33 PM.

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Insurance was removed in 2008, i was under the impression that it was added with my new plan and phone when I purchased the fascinate. My confusion may lie in the difference between "Insurance" and "warantee"

Very curious as to how this works. Asurion is the "insurance" company, not the "warantee" company, correct? I originally started service with Verizon in October of 2008. I paid Asurion $50 to recieve my replacement blackberry when it was out of "warantee" in November 2009. I then upgraded my phone with a $100 credit and a 2 year contract in store and got the Droid X in September 2010, it was back ordered and would take 3 weeks to arrive. As I was leaving, the fascinate caught my eye, so I did some research when I got home. and quickly called the call center and cancelled my order and got the Fascinate. Well, a few days later I recieved both my Fascinate and Droid X. I returned the Droid X to the store so I would not be charged for it. 4 months later, I recieved a bill for it, because there was a mistake with my contract. Signing the contract and fighting with verizon multiple times, finally got my money back, but they would not refund the taxes paid. two months later and I finally recieved my taxes paid on the Droid back. Long story short, I'm sure my account is a long paper trail nightmare, and my upgrade and $100 was never used. but I still got the Fascinate for the 2 year price, minus the $100 credit.

My upgrade and credit remains in tact, unfortunately I no longer have $100, I have $30 because I dropped to a lower minute plan. I earned the $100 on a higher minute plan, but they choose not to honor it. Looking back at all the trouble Verizon has caused me, I think I may be better off paying $125 and ending my contract than going through all the hassle of trying to retrieve my phone. Verizon has left me feeling extremely vulnerable, I know they did not steal my phone from me, but I feel as if I am caught in an error/loophole in their system.

Apologise for the negativity expressed in this post. I started out trying to make a civilized post, but ended up venting. Fascinate Forum (or whatever you call yourselves now) has been a great community, and I have always enjoyed your advice.

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    Paul_gyver
    No apologies necessary. If I was in your shoes I would be furious. You conveyed your thoughts well and hope you have better luck. Hang in there!!!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    No problem bud ...we can appreciate a good vent around here. Sorry to hear you've had such a hard time with Verizon. Ive been with them for 10 Years and have always had a good experience with them. But of course I came from AT&T before that and their Cust Svc was a nightmare to deal with!
    Yea, Asurion is the insurance company Verizon uses. I can't speak highly enough about this company, they're absolutely great to deal with.
    Good luck and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. If you end up getting a different make/model, do stop by from time to time to say hi.
    tap'n

"Guidelines of Conduct" for Galaxyforums.net

Any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    That Galaxy S II looks to be amazing. Know much about the Droid 3 or the Droid X2?

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Through thick and thin Verizon has always ended up doing right by me. But I don't fight them on much (except for this last warranty replacement) on many things. In the end I got my Charge which is what I wanted.

I put Wireless carriers in the same category as Broadband providers and Credit Card companies, as all having what amounts to a license to steal. They walk a fine line between screwing us and not getting regulations passed by congress.
    Samsung Fascinate ED05: WiFi only Media player

Samsung Charge EP4P - Infinity ROM/EP4D Radio
    Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Wifi only - No Verizon bloatware

Confusing people one post at a time

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Twitter
    Paul_gyver
    Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post
    That Galaxy S II looks to be amazing. Know much about the Droid 3 or the Droid X2?
    The Galaxy S II will be amazing no doubt. Both the Motorolas are very decent phones. The thing I liked the most about Motorola phones were the radios. Call signal, Gps, Data all were excellent and I would say imo they are the best at it. As far as screen you will miss the Samsung. Can you possibly get a used smartphone from ebay or craigslist to hold you over til the SGS II comes out? I had the OG droid and got this used Fascinate to hold me over til the SGS II is released as it basically will be a game changer.

Ads